Caribbean - British Virgin Islands New Craft Brewery hiring a Junior Brewer
Apply for this Job
The Junior Brewer will be working in a 30BBl brew-house with four 30BBl fermenters as well as two smaller pilot systems with which to create a broad variety of offerings for our Tortola BVI waterfront Tap House and brewery distribution system
The Jr. Brewer will assist the Brewmaster in planning and executing all aspects of brewing operations, from selecting ingredients to finished product and packaging, crafting new recipes, cleaning and sanitation, quality control operations, warehouse operations and record keeping.
A Wide array of knowledge concerning recipes and production of a broad spectrum of quality beer is required especially with regards to Flavored Tap Beer. The ability to work as a member of a team, motivated, with exceptional communication skills. The willingness to relocate.
Assist the Brewmaster on all his duties, which are, but not limited to:
• To plan and execute the brewing process in a safe and efficient manner. This includes, but not limited to, malt and grain handling, milling, mashing, lautering, wort production and boiling, cooling, transferring to fermenters, packaging, kegging etc.
• Oversee and operate a canning line, including all maintenance and upkeep, managing production and packaging schedules.
• Work independently to manage the production team.
• Operate the brewery and create a pilot system for R&D work.
• Work with fellow partners on future recipe development and brand growth
• Design and brew a wide variety of styles, ranging from classics (IPA, stout, ESB, pale) to specialty beers.
• Schedule and manage all production operations
• Forecast beer needs of the tap-house.
• Be familiar with the purchasing of raw materials and yeast management and propagation
• Source ingredients, develop recipes, be obsessive about sanitation and quality control.
• Develop SOPs to monitor and enforce high standards of quality and excellence. Create and develop a Quality Analysis/Quality Control Department
• Teach, and train hired help in the art and craft of brewing.
• Oversee all cleaning, sanitation and maintenance in the Tap-house. Must excel at troubleshooting and problem solving. Must be able to work fast with almost no supervision.
• Work closely with management to establish budgets, develop production schedules, monitor costs, track profitability.
· Approve all POs input into order for ingredients, chemicals, and brewing supplies.
· Understand monthly variance analyses from physical inventory counts and communicate to GM.
· Observe equipment in operation to prevent/diagnose potential problems.
· Some experience to dismantle devices to gain access to and remove, repair and replace defective parts.
· Identify, suggest, propose, and discuss solutions to equipment and facility issues with management.
· Develop and maintain maintenance logs on all equipment.
· Requisition and order stock parts services for proper and prompt repairs.
· Produce preventive maintenance schedules, tool inventories, repair logs, lubrication logs, etc.
The junior brewer must be able and willing to:
· Perform all duties of head brewer as needed and to pitch in on tasks that are outside core responsibilities.
• Responsible self-starter who works well with little supervision.
• Professional degree in Fermentation Science or Brewing Technology (experience may be substituted for degree depending on range and depth).
• 2 + years of professional experience in a brewpub and/or craft brewery production environment.
• Experience on multiple commercial systems, with expertise in a wide variety of skills ranging from recipe formulation to fermentation control to filtering and conditioning.
• Intimate knowledge of classic beer styles with a demonstrated ability to brew to style as well as to push boundaries and apply innovative techniques.
• Ability to carry up to 55 pounds and work in a environment bending and lifting when necessary.
Interested Applicants, please email us at info@TolaBeverage.com
Qualified candidates must submit a cover letter and resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with Junior Brewer in the subject field.
* The preferable candidate must be single and willing to relocate to the Caribbean on a 3 year contract.
* Salary package includes relocation, work permit, first year accommodations, cell Phone, share vehicle, bonus twice a year, travel allowance.
* Looking to hire as soon as possible. Plans to launch October 1, 2018
Tolabeverage Website is presently under construction