Lead Production Brewer
Deep River Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Deep River Brewing Company is looking for a member to join our team that is passionate about craft beer and about being part of a great brewery. We are currently brewing on a 15 bbl brew house and our cellar is comprised of 30bbl and 60bbl tanks. We are seeking an experienced person who is accountable, reliable, and who is adverse to cutting corners and takes immense pride in the work they produce. You must be able to closely adhere to procedures and guidelines for both the brewing process and cleaning.
The qualified applicant must have the following:
• Ability to work in a fast paced brewery environment while focused on precision, quality and safety
• Flexibility, results oriented mindset and good attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Must be neat and organized
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Full availability throughout week to include some nights and weekend
• Must have reliable transportation
• Appreciation of our beers and enthusiasm for the craft industry as a whole!
• Must be proficient in Excel Word and other office programs
• Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds, climb steep stairs repeatedly, twist/turn, reach over shoulders, bend/stoop and stand/walk on a continual basis
• Willingness to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold or hot conditions
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
• Willingness to work with strong cleaning agents is required.
• Experience in 2,500 bbl+ per year brewery is preferred
• Brew beer as required
• Managing production schedule and staff daily.
• Minimum 4+ years production/commercial brewery experience is required
• Strong background in sanitation and brewery processes
• Ensures work area is clean and well organized
• Ensures tank exteriors, floors, drains, parts, and hoses are cleaned regularly
• Monitors and records results of fermentation and cellaring of beer through taste panel, gravities, cell counts, diacetyl testing, and yeast harvesting
• Ensures that product is free from microbiological contamination
• Ensures equipment is maintained at required service intervals
• Documents production and movement of beer as required to meet regulatory requirements (state and federal)
• Maintains complete and comprehensive process tracking logs as requested
• Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Experience using a centrifuge preferred.
• Report to manager daily.
- Siebel Graduate (or comparable program) preferred
- Associates degree or higher preferred
• Health Insurance
• Paid vacation
• 401k with company match
• Company paid holidays
• Beer stipend
• Work in a family-like atmosphere
THE FINE PRINT:
Submit your resume to info at deepriverbrewing dot com
Compensation for this position is competitive and is based on experience.