Supply Chain Manager
Fort Point Beer Company
Apply for Job
In addition to guaranteeing the seamless movement of materials and goods, the Supply Chain Manager will be a key player in sourcing the world’s best hops and grains. This is a new position and is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to build a meaningful foundation in a growing company. A strong knack for creative collaboration, clear communication, and continuous problem solving is key to success in this position.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all aspects of the brewery supply chain, from raw materials to finished goods. This role will work across multiple departments to ensure the on-time and cost-efficient selection and procurement of quality materials. This position is responsible for maintaining appropriate inventory levels and scheduling production to meet aggressive sales goals. While the primary responsibilities of this position are rooted in operations, the ideal candidate will drive continuous quality improvements through their ability to source and select the best raw materials in the world.
- Coordinate with Brewery Manager and Packaging Manager to determine weekly production schedule.
- Maintain up-to-date quarterly production schedule using sales projection data.
- Communicate material demands to Logistics and Production departments to ensure that required materials are on-hand just-in-time.
- Manage inventory levels of work in progress, finished product and raw materials.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Manager to place orders with vendors for all production related materials while ensuring a lean inventory and efficient delivery.
- Maintain raw material documentation and ensure traceability and compliance with cGMP standards.
- Continuously assess supplier relationships and track supplier performance using relevant KPIs.
- Actively research new suppliers and materials in order to acquire the best hops and barley in the world and drive raw material quality, availability, and cost.
- Evaluate supplier quotes and present recommendations and alternatives.
- Negotiate best pricing with suppliers.
- Monitor hop contract performance to ensure compliance with signed agreements and determine required contract amendments.
- Assist Director of Brewing in sensory evaluation of raw materials and provide recommendations to drive consistency and product quality.
- Achieve accurate monthly inventories of finished product and raw materials, maintain records and reconcile discrepancies.
- Create production work orders in ERP software and distribute work order information to the appropriate department managers.
- Work with Logistics Manager to coordinate timely goods and material transfers between company locations.
- Collaborate with department managers to drive continuous improvement projects.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments
- Comfort adapting to change
- Self-motivated and able to work with dynamic teams.
- Exemplary organizational skills required.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication.
- Understanding of various ERP environments.
- Familiarity with the brewing process and beer industry.
- A strong interest in evaluating and selecting the best hops and barley in the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree (focus on logistics, business, or operations preferred but not required)
- 4+ years experience in supply chain management or operations management in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience with continuous improvement, Lean, or other manufacturing systems is helpful but not required
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Gold plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits
*Please submit a cover letter with your resume/application.*