Gravity Heights - San Diego Brewery coming soon
Apply for this Job
Gravity Heights Brewery & Beer Garden, located in San Diego (Sorrento Mesa), California is a collaboration between Whisknladle Hospitality known for their delicious food, exceptional service and genuine hospitality and Skip Virgilio, Co-founder and original brewmaster of Alesmith. Together we’re looking to change the paradigm that one most compromise food, service, hospitality and/or
The RestaurantGravity Heights encompasses over 12,000 sqft of indoor & outdoor space with seating for 400 guests inclusive of a 40 seat private dining mezzanine overlooking the brewery.
Gravity Heights will have a brand new Alpha Brewing Operations and ABM equipment. Target Production is 2,000BBL’s
15BBL 2 Vessel Brew house 30BBL Hot Liquor & Cold Liquor Tanks 4 x 15BBL Fermenters and 2 x 30BBL Fermenters all controlled by Chillertron Cellar Control System 8 x 15BBL Serving Tanks and 2 x 30BBL Serving Tanks in the Cold Box for dispensing beer to the Brewpub. 32,000lb Silo with ABM Automated Grain Handling System Alpha Semi Automatic Keg Washer Alpha Semi Automatic Mobile CIP Cart EKOS Brewery Management Software Small but well stocked Laboratory Eventually, a Twin Monkey’s canning line
The successful team member will need to possess strong organizational skills, ability to lead a team, impart a passion for building a community and attention to quality is of the utmost importance. You will collaborate with our owners and team to lead the brand’s offerings with the room to showcase your creativity.
The Head Brewer position will require at least five year’s experience in a professional brewing capacity and a Bachelor of Science in biology, brewing and or distilling science, food production or chemistry are greatly preferred (Bachelors degree can offset experience by two years.) Two years of experience in a leadership role while managing a
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
Executing Brewmasters Recipes Diligently and Collaborate with Brewmaster on new recipes Wort production, preparing fermentation, CIP-SIP procedures, quality control, record keeping and packaging.
- Independently operate the brew house including mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool and wort cooling, pitching yeast, transferring to
fermenter, filtering, transferring to the brite tank, and packaging of beer.
- Complete necessary paperwork for accurate record keeping of production logs and all laboratory testing.
- Performs designated QC and QA checks at various stages of the brewing process.
- Follow all safety and health regulations.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of
brew housemachinery and surroundings.
- Recipe formulation and set production schedule.
- Managing the brew team in a safe, professional and positive manner.
- Monitor and report inventories of beer and raw materials, including grain, hops, yeast and chemicals
- Manage Disposal of Spent Grain with Local Farmers
- Train and oversee assistant brewers in various responsibilities as necessary
- Responsible for proper yeast handling, including but not limited to propagation, pitching, harvesting, aeration and CIP
- Assist taproom staff in maintaining proper draft line cleaning and maintenance
- Representation at trade shows, festivals and local beer events
- Work with restaurant team
on siteevents to drive brand engagement
Reports to Brewmaster and Whisknladle Hospitality COO
$65,000 - $80,000 depending on experience
Employer Contribution to Health Insurance
2 weeks Paid Vacation
Manager Perks for Whisknladle Hospitality