National Accounts Craft Category Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
Apply for Job
The National Accounts Craft Category Manager will be responsible for the analysis of scan data, consumer insights, and industry trends to help uncover opportunities to drive sales within the National Accounts team. The position will act in a collaborative role working with SNBC Region/Chain Sales Managers, SNBC Trade Capabilities, SNBC Trade Marketing, dedicated broker and SNBC Customer Solutions.
This position will also manage and grow our business to full sales potential at Walmart and Sam’s Club by working with the SNBC sales force to execute within these chains.
- Create and maintain profiles for the call points
- Create annual execution plan for Walmart and Sam’s with standards for sales, distribution and share
- Operate within an established budget and within established state and federal liquor laws
- Proactively analyze and provide category insights/recommendations to assist in growing category sales
- Manage the analysis and development of Category Planogram Process to maximize category sales
- Provide support to SNBC customers: i.e. regional analyses, pricing analyses and special projects
- Actively participate in the integration and planning between HQ, field, distributor
- Develop analysis and fact-based tool kits to move business forward via category management processes
- Develop effective presentations which include Symphony IRI/data analysis, to deliver solution based recommendations that will positively affect the business of the chains and Sierra Nevada
- Participate in quarterly wholesaler business planning meetings with Business Development Managers and their distributors
- Report monthly business status to the Regional Manager – National Accounts and the Director of National Accounts including issues, opportunities and progress vs. plans
- Develop and communicate programs, distribution updates, pricing and promotional activity to Walmart and Sam’s Club, SNBCo sales force and our distributors
- Manage the Walmart and Sam’s Club business, with the goal of gaining new distribution and promotional activity through direct interaction with key buyers
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- A minimum of three (3) years category sales analysis experience within CPG is required
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with space planning is required
- Previous experience within alcohol / beverage industry is highly desired
- Previous experience in National Account Management / Sales strongly preferred
- Certification with JDA and/or Intactix Space Planning software is highly desired. If not certified, the ability to become certified is required once in the role within 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Required
- Following Category Management principles, MUST have ability to develop and articulate category strategies, analyze relevant data sources, link to shopper insights and provide recommendations that grow the business
- Commercial Knowledge: understanding of 1) on and off-premise retail channel, 2) SNBC customers, and 3) distributor/wholesaler go-to-market strategies. Broad understanding of marketplace dynamics and impact to BevAlc environment
- Ability to cultivate and develop insights in a test-and-learn environment
- Ability to accurately gather, synthesize, analyze, and present data from multiple systems/sources (examples: Nielsen/NABCA, Spectra, HH Panel, Account Sold, Shipment, Depletion, etc.)
- Working knowledge of market research techniques and approaches
- Knowledge of SNBC history, culture and products iscritical.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to work in an office setting spending time in front of a computer screen with the need to use hands and fingers to type.
- Regularly required to work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of sitting while driving (individually and as a passenger) or flying.
- Occasionally exposed to outside elements and refrigerated room.
- Possible exposure to second-hand smoke while working in on-premise establishments.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection (visiting distribution centers and warehouses).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 44 pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- The selected candidate MUST have a valid Driver's License with an exemplary driving record free of any major violations in the last FIVE years
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment driver license check
- Extensive travel (up to 50%) required, primarily to customer sites and to conduct field surveys
- Hours will vary according to business need, including nights and weekends