South Denver Sales Rep
Avery Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
SOUTH DENVER SALES
Territory description: South suburban area of Denver (Highlands Ranch, Castle Rock, etc) working with both off-premise and on-premise accounts.
- Create and maintain strong, long-term relationships with our distributor, our retail partners, and with the consumer (both craft savvy and not). As a Representative in our home state, maintaining solid community partnerships is crucial to selling craft beer.
- Plan, manage time, and prioritize as necessary to align efforts with monthly business objectives as well as company and department sales goals.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of the brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product, proper line cleaning protocols, and evaluation of overall draft system performance is necessary. You will be an important extension of our brewery quality control program.
- Focus on “pull through” not “force in” sales technique. High level results are expected but never at the cost of good business practices.
- Maximize the use of POS materials, by having a thorough understanding of their placement and relevance.
- Good technology skills with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, various social media, industry programs such as VIP/SAP and more are needed. Ongoing education and personal development in all areas is expected.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish sales goals
- The commitment to work some nights and weekends. At some level this has to be a life style not a nine-to-five commitment.
- Solid time management and prioritizations skills are expected.
- Focus on “problem solving” more than “problem identifying”
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong understanding of the local craft beer scene within the territory
- 1+ year of experience in craft beer 3-tier sales, Distributor, or retail account buyer position
- Able to demonstrate strong retail and wholesale oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting structures will be necessary
- Valid driver's license with a responsible driving record, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Must live within the assigned territory within 60 days of start
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 40 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Certified Cicerone or similar training preferred. The ability to educate people from all levels of knowledge on the merits of craft brewing and specifically Avery Brewing is a must.
Compensation: Is based on experience. Compensation includes a base salary plus variable compensation based on MBO achievement, phone allowance, mileage allowance, and expense account. 401(k), excellent medical, and competitive vacation time are all available with tenure. Avery Brewing Co. is a family-owned company that provides many benefits not listed here including but not limited to an RTD Eco Pass, pro-deal discounts, and a very liberal beer sampling program.