Brewpub General Manager
Northeastern PA-based Brewery
Apply for this Job
Fast-growing production brewery is seeking a passionate and dedicated Brewpub General Manager to join our team. We produce high-quality craft beers that celebrate the seasonality of NEPA and pair them with an array of culinary compliments from our kitchen. Wallenpaupack Brewing Co. aims to create a community focused brewpub experience and encourage the exploration of craft beer and cuisine.
The successful candidate will be instrumental in helping us build our identity as a community space where locals and seasonal visitors can celebrate what makes this area incredible while enjoying great craft beer and delicious food. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join a brewery on the ground level and assist in bringing the brewery to life!
- Oversight and management of brewpub operations, events, and programming
- Interact and engage with customers, promote a positive brewpub atmosphere and provide customers the best experience ever
- Coordination with Marketing team
- Manage & establish opening/closing procedures
- Responsible for managing, interviewing, hiring and training of all brewpub staff
- Booking, planning and execution of onsite events and entertainment
- Assistance as needed with offsite events
- Updating brewpub menus (physical and printed collateral as well as digital)
- Management of Revel POS system
- Coordination with the Head Brewer regarding beverage inventory for the brewpub
- Coordination with Head Brewer and Executive Chef for special events and pairing dinners
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and tracking of all taproom merchandise and coordinating with the Marketing team when reorders are necessary
- Curation and management of the brewery tour program
- Manage guest relations, and resolve issues as needed
- Other tasks as assigned & appropriate
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of the craft beer industry (PA beer and brewery experience a plus!)
- Extensive knowledge of craft beer styles - Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone required
- CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred
- Highly organized and experienced in scheduling shifts and staffing for high volume
- Experienced in coordinating special events
- Experience developing and sustaining an enthusiastic, creative, goal-oriented atmosphere with a retail team, including developing and implementing training programs
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing a taproom, high volume restaurant, or brewpub including personnel management, budgeting, cash management, sales and customer service
- Ability to interact promptly, professionally and courteously via email, telephone and in person
- Demonstrated proficiency with a POS system, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Collaborative spirit with a hands-on attitude and a strong work ethic
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job such as operating taproom equipment, setting up tables and chairs, moving cases and kegs of beer, using a telephone, answering emails, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours for events and as needed. Nights and weekends a must.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs and stand for at least 8 hrs.