Central Valley Regional Manager
Drake's Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Reporting to: V.P. Sales and Marketing
Type: Full Time
The Central Valley Regional Manager will collaborate with the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, as well as the Marketing Director to develop plans that inspire and engage craft beer drinkers to become loyal customers of the Drake’s Brewing Company craft beer portfolio.
- Develop and execute business plans with assigned distributors to grow volume and share of market.
- Territory includes Fresno, Monterey, Bakersfield and San Luis Obispo.
- Accountable for four distributors and a part time Sales Ambassador.
- Actively work with, and without, distributor sales people in retail accounts to achieve results throughout territory.
- Responsible for leading and ensuring maximum distributor focus and investment on Drake’s portfolio via annual business plan and monthly plan implementation/execution.
- Accountable for volume, distribution and retail execution.
- Responsible for being the single point of contact for distributors
- Drive customer and solution-based selling with distributors
- Accountable for volume and share performance at assigned distributors
- Distributor management, and scorecard and KPI (key performance indicator) development and management
Business Analysis and Collaborative Planning:
- Understanding brand attributes and effectively communicate these to distributors and retail customers
- Problem solving and opportunity identification across all channels and segments
- Direct development of the annual business plan with distributor and Drake’s Regional Manager
- Development of target account lists
- Development and leadership of the annual and monthly plan development and active in-market
- Scorecarding and KPI development, alignment, tracking
- Operate within assigned budget to meet objectives and grow sales
- Bi-Annually review in-market pricing, and make price change recommendations to keep Drake's positioned competitively in the market
In Market execution:
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing V.P. to develop and execute monthly and annual plans
- Responsible for in outlet selling – on premise and off
- 25% travel and some evenings required
- Accountable for the analysis, segmentation and development of target account lists
- Own the execution of the Drake’s portfolio in territory (distribution, display execution)
- Own the development of Drake’s portfolio brands (identifying & prioritizing brand building opportunities)
- Prepare and present annual and monthly distributor performance reviews
- Experience with craft beer required
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience
- Prior sales experience required
- Experience selling in a direct store delivery environment preferred
- Four year college degree preferred
- Retail and customer solution based selling ability
- Demonstrable negotiation + persuasion skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective analytical skills – basic finance/business skills
- High energy team player with strong social skills
- Comfortable with nontraditional work schedule – some nights and weekends