Western New York Sales Representative
Troegs Brewing Co
Apply for Job
Position: Sales Representative
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Pay Rate: Salary, based on experience
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, QPI Program – Eligible after completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of employment
An account-level sales person focused on growing Tröegs business in New York State – from Buffalo east to Rochester, Syracuse, and Utica. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel and weekend events, and will be based in either the Syracuse or Rochester area.
High-energy, detail-oriented person needed for fast-paced, but rewarding position. Must have pleasant personality, be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and the ability to communicate well with people. Beer industry knowledge and 1-2 years beverage industry sales experience is required. The ideal candidate would live in an area with easy access to key metropolitan regions in the territory and have good, working knowledge of the beer scene throughout the region.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regular ride alongs with wholesaler representatives.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Fulfill needs of distributors as required (i.e., POS, tap handles, sell sheets, etc….).
- Communicate on daily basis w/ Sales Manager regarding orders, trends, seasonal considerations and all other sales related issues.
- Monitor wholesaler’s inventory and depletions.
- Analyze sales data/ performance on a monthly basis, report at monthly sales meeting.
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Become thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- 3+ promos/ staff trainings, 5+ new bottle placements monthly.
- Search for new draft placements while merchandising accounts.
- Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day.
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals and all related events.
- Build & maintain relationships by communicating regularly with our distributor sales managers.
- Conduct quarterly sales meetings/ presentations with our distributor’s sales staff.
- Must maintain a function vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
Distributor/ Market Knowledge:
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as owner, President/ GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop understanding for how the following gets done: pos orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty pos and beer displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at monthly/ quarterly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated.
- Know pricing of all Tröegs products plus general pricing of top 5 craft and import beer competitors in the market.
- Develop market profile and target lists.
- Strong knowledge of Tröegs Brewery, its history and its products.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated success in beverage related sales.
- Experience working with Vermont Information Processing (VIP) software.
- Experience working with IRI Data collection.
- General knowledge of the brewing process and how all Tröegs beers are produced.
- Communication styles – well developed understanding of the four communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all four styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Basic computer skills, word, excel and email.
- Previous beverage industry experience required.
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.