Vice President of Sales
Almanac Beer Co.
Apply for this Job
Almanac Beer Company is a thriving California craft brewery with a world-class reputation for brewing innovative craft beer with one of the most expansive oak-aging programs in the country. Our new 30,000 sqft brewery and headquarters is located on the island of Alameda in beautiful San Francisco Bay. We are hiring a Vice President of Sales with a passion for quality craft beer to help us achieve our wholesale craft beer business goals in the U.S. The Vice President of Sales has an opportunity to help define the internal culture of an exciting and fast-growing brewery breaking new ground in the craft beer industry. We are looking for a long-term partner with the vision and passion to grow an inspiring brand along with building and leading a strong sales team.
Candidate should have a minimum of 5-7 years of sales management experience in the craft beer industry. Preference to candidates that have broad work experience in wholesale craft beer distribution as well as hands-on sales team management. Work experience in California markets and/or the Bay Area is a big plus.
- Partner with CEO to oversee Almanac portfolio sales and distribution execution
- Collaborate with CEO to develop annual sales goals and strategy as well as key market distribution expansion plans
- Manage current US distributor relationships. Research, recommend and facilitate new distributor partnerships that align with market-specific sales expectations and distributions targets
- Build long-term relationships with key on- and off-premise retail accounts to increase presence across all channels: bar/tavern, restaurant, independent retail, specialty, chain, sports/entertainment venue, etc..
- Manage the recruiting, hiring and on-boarding of Almanac’s wholesale craft beer sales team
- Actively communicate and work side-by-side with sales team and our wholesaler network including setting sales objectives and distribution targets
- Provide education and training on our beers and brand to sales team and/or wholesale partners
- Serve as lead point of contact for potential new accounts and all sales-related inquiries about Almanac Beer Co.
- Assist the CEO in development of annual brand marketing plan. Ensure sales and marketing strategies are aligned
- Oversee brand presence at all major craft beer events and festivals
- Assist in running promotions including beer dinners, tastings, pint nights, festivals, specialty features, etc..
- Assist in development and distribution of point-of-sales materials
- Make regular sales reports to Senior Management highlighting monthly sales performance vs. goals, industry trends, key account progress and areas of opportunity
- Forecast future sales growth as part of budgeting and expansion
- Oversee Sales Department Actual vs Budget reporting
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in relevant field
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills is imperative. Must be able to communicate our message in an inspiring way
- Energetic self-starter with a passion and knowledge of quality craft beer
- Organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
- Knowledgeable about craft beer and the beer business
- Strong social media skills (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Travel required as needed.
- Preference to those with a college degree or equivalent education/experience
- Has reliable transportation, valid driver's license and good driving record
- Competitive salary D.O.E.
- Equity sharing will be considered for qualified candidate.