Avery Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Cellar Flex Person
Purpose: The Avery Cellar Flex person takes ownership of beer quality and yield from the Cellar to the package. Dry-hopping, adjunct additions, tank cleaning, yeast maintenance, along with required shifts on all packaging lines as needed, are all responsibilities of the Cellar Flex position.
- Stop the job for safety.
- Beer maintenance, yeast monitoring, dry hopping, and additions of sanitary post-fermentation ingredients.
- Must be able to work closely with lab daily regarding fermentation management, and cellar processes.
- CIP using both manual and automated processes of fermenters, BBTs, pipe fencing.
- Flex to the packaging department to work can, bottle and/or keg line shifts as scheduling needs require.
- Thorough knowledge and capable of support for both brewhouse and packaging operations.
- Must maintain a safe and tidy work space.
- Take direction on daily tasks by Senior Cellar Operators and Cellar Management.
- Communicate daily issues and positive highlights in a daily shift report
- Attend sensory education and panel when available.
- Minimum of 1 year of Cellar-specific experience in a professional brewing setting.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, task-oriented environment with the ability to efficiently multitask during an 8-10 hour shift.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to work closely with Engineering to troubleshoot and correct issues.
- Willing to work a rotating schedule (7 days a week, 24 hours a day) across three shifts (AM, PM, and Overnight).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work in hot, cold and/or wet conditions for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge and capabilities of following PPE, GMP, and HACCP rules and regulations.
- Able to lift 20kg. boxes to shoulder height.
- Able to do repetitive work requiring twisting, bending, pulling, and pushing in tight areas.
- Ability to stand for the duration of a shift
- Ability to climb a ladder
This position offers competitive pay based on experience. Benefits include a 3% match for 401(k) contributions, medical and dental insurance at 50% after 90 days and employee premiums are covered at 100% after 18 months of service. Paid time off and paid company holidays are all available with tenure. Avery Brewing Co. is a family-owned business with benefits and perks not listed here including but not limited to an RTD Eco Pass, pro-deal discounts, and a very liberal beer sampling program.