Evolution Craft Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Evolution Craft Brewing seeks Brewer Applicants: Evolution Craft Brewing Co. is a top rated brewery in Maryland’s emerging craft beer scene and home to top rated Lot No. 3 IPA. We are seeking an inspired, energetic and creative brewer to join our team who has both experience and drive with a seasoned palate and passion for culinary craft beer. This progressive brewer must also possess leadership skills to advance our talented production staff during a critical time of accelerated growth in both current and new markets. Evolution is projected to produce and sell 24,000 bbl in the Mid-Atlantic States, Japan and the United Kingdom for the upcoming year. This Brewer applicant must possess the foresight to advance with our company by creating new and unique beers that constantly push the boundaries.Evolution Craft Brewing is located on the beautiful Delmarva Peninsula in Salisbury, Maryland; just two hours from Washington DC, Baltimore and Virginia Beach. Our facility is ever-expanding and we have some very exciting additions coming in 2018.
For more information please visit www.evolutioncraftbrewing.com
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Wort Production on a 40-bbl 4-vessel Newlands Brewhouse. Assist in other area of the brewery as needed(ie. Cellar, Packaging,etc)
- Working with management team to uphold our high standards of quality and ensure Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and improved upon as needed.
- Collaborating with team members in designing unique and inspiring new beers while fine-tuning and improving existing products.
- Working with management team on production planning and forecasting.
- Helping to manage raw ingredient inventories, cost of goods, scheduling, forecasts and contracts.
- Maintaining detailed records of beer production.
- Managing and developing further procedures for quality testing and control.
- Continual innovation and improvement of both product and operational practices and procedures.
- Working with management team to maintain safety and OSHA standards.
- Managing and expanding our clean and sour/wild barrel-aging program.
- Willingness to serve as a contact and liaison with customers on brewery visits and events.
- Being able to appreciate beer without personal abuse-related problems.
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years in a professional brewing capacity, preferably, though not required, with a degree or certification in Brewing Science and Technology.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have fantastic communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Must have a methodical nature and problem solving skills.
- Must have a solid understanding of all aspects of wort production, yeast management, cellaring, CIP and sanitation.
- Should have prior packaging, bottling and racking experience.
- Should have a good understanding of Lab Operations, Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Capable of working as part of a team with the desire to teach others.
- Should have a strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure and multitask.
Competitive salary and other incentives based on experience.Benefits:Vacation Pay401k plan offeredHealth, Dental, and Vision InsuranceLong Term DisabilitySend cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org