Apply for this Job
CraftHaus Brewery, located in the Vegas Valley, has seen tremendous growth over the past four years with brand recognition and community involvement. Our established portfolio of core offerings leans toward Belgian and IPAs, however we thrive in creative twists and interesting culinary ingredients. We are seeking an experienced, ambitious, detail-oriented Assistant Brewer who would like to showcase their creativity while ensuring quality and consistency. Currently, our distribution is in Clark County, Nevada with plans on expanding the brand state wide. Now, the brewery is poised and ready to jump to the next level with a dynamic Assistant Brewer on the team.
CraftHaus Brewery’s owners successfully changed the brewing license for the City of Henderson and continue to champion for the craft brewing community not only within the city but the state as well. Our production brewery features, at the heart of the brand, a tasting room where we have built a loyal and passionate following.
Shiny New Toys
With the recent addition of an automated Wild Goose canning line, CraftHaus focuses on quality first and features a Premiere Stainless ten-barrel brewhouse with 150 barrels of fermentation capacity. We custom built a large distribution cold room to ensure the integrity of our beer. Keeping healthy growth in mind, we continue to invest in the brewery’s infrastructure.
The Las Vegas market is not flooded with craft brewers trying to out do one another. We also have a pretty good little hockey team if you haven’t heard, as well as the Raiders will be moving to our town soon. Outdoor enthusiasts thrive in our surroundings with mountain climbing, paddle boarding, hiking, camping and trail running. Every major musician tours here and we have a strong, local emerging music scene. Our arts district is growing and thriving downtown as well. Our low cost of living allows for a greater quality of life. Our brewery is in a unique area that also includes Nevada’s first distillery, a wine making school and a traditional winery along with two other breweries. We are a diverse and proud community that is also visited by 42 million tourists annually.
The successful team member will need to possess strong organizational skills, ability to follow a production schedule, impart a passion for building a community and attention to quality is of the utmost importance. You will collaborate with our owners and Head Brewer to create the brand’s offerings with the room to showcase your creativity.
The Assistant Brewer position will require at least two year’s experience in a professional brewing capacity and a Bachelor of Science in biology, brewing and or distilling science, food production or chemistry are greatly preferred (BS can offest experience by one year). Candidate must have confidence in public speaking and excellent written skills, proficiency in Excel, math calculations, ability to comprehend distribution data and forecasting, adhere to TTB and State excise tax reporting, and follow a safety program regarding HACCP standards.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Wort production, preparing fermentation, CIP-SIP procedures, quality control, record keeping and packaging.
- Operate the brew house under Head Brewer’s guidance including mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpool and wort cooling, pitching yeast, transferring to fermenter, filtering, transferring to the brite tank, and packaging of beer.
- Complete necessary paperwork for accurate record keeping of production logs and all laboratory testing.
- Performs designated QC and QA checks at various stages of the brewing process.
- Follow all safety and health regulations.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of brew house machinery and surroundings.
- Follow and execute a production schedule.
- Work in a safe, professional and positive manner.
- Monitor and report inventories of beer and raw materials, including grain, hops, yeast and chemicals
- Responsible for proper yeast handling, including but not limited to propagation, pitching, harvesting, aeration and CIP
- Clean kegs, brewing equipment and assist in running the canning line
- Assist taproom staff in maintaining proper draft line cleaning and maintenance
- Representation at trade shows, festivals and local beer events
CraftHaus Brewery values our team members with a competitive salary, ample paid time off, educational reimbursement, and of course beer.
CraftHaus Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. Duties required by Assistant Brewer are not limited to duties listed in job posting.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter with salary expectations and resume to owners, Wyndee and Dave Forrest at email@example.com with Assistant Brewer in the subject field.