Head Brewer - Responsible for all brewery operations.
Big Buck Brewery and Steakhouse - Gaylord
Apply for this Job
We are looking for an experienced Head Brewer to join our team in Gaylord, MI. Our 20 bbl. System is the show case of our entire operation. The brewery itself has a long history with the community and based on its location, is known throughout the state.
Our ideal candidate would have a minimum of 2 years brewing experience with similar sized equipment and knows what it takes to develop new beers. Our Head Brewer will be responsible for all aspects of the brewery with daily interaction with the owners and customers. We are looking for a “hands on”, team player that can get the job done. We plan to continue with some of our traditional beers from the past, but welcome new, innovative beer recipes to capture the attention of our customers. Pay will be commensurate with experience as well as a performance based incentive program.
- Responsible for the entire brewing operation including: Recipe development, Raw material procurement, Brewing operations, Finished good processing, Inventories in all stages of production to facilitate accurate and timely state and federal excise reporting, and profit and loss of the brewery.
- Quality control and assurance throughout the process including the following: Incoming goods, Work in progress, Finished products, Effective yeast management, Cleaning and maintenance of the draught dispensing system, Glassware, and Overall presentation of the beer to the consumer.
- Equipment maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all aspects of the job.
- Overall cleanliness of the brewing equipment and facility.
- Training and education of the staff and management team to understand our house beers, beer styles, pairing, etc.
- Standardized work development for all critical jobs in the brewery.
- The Head Brewer will need to have the ability to work and guide a team including goal setting and performance management.
- Heavy lifting of raw materials required in the brewing process.
- Representation at trade shows, festivals and local beer events