Craft Brand Sales Manager
Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service
Apply for this Job
Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service, a fun, successful and growing company, has been a distributor of quality beverages in the Capital Region and surrounding counties for over 85 years. Our iconic brands include Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Labatt Blue, Labatt Blue Light as well as many local craft favorites: Common Roots, Paradox, Shmaltz, and Cooperstown, to name a few.
Our dedicated stakeholders are the key to our success!
Optimizes execution of Craft Brands in both off and on premise key accounts. Primary objective is general management of Craft portfolio. Responsibilities include but not limited to brand retention / recruitment of brands as well as brand performance at retail. Craft Brand Manager will report directly to VP Sales and have direct responsibility for craft profit and loss. Craft Brand Manager will also oversee inventory levels. Major objectives are to improve market share, increase distribution and increase sales with these specialty brands. The Craft Brand Manager will create long standing, positive relationships with our suppliers and customers that will promote the Company image.
· Development and management of programs and incentives designed to identify top priorities in key accounts and drive sales results.
· Execution of Craft beer pricing strategies, by brand and improving share of visibility for brands (i.e. merchandising) and point of sale promotion through retail execution.
· Craft Brand Manager will be responsible for in-house sales training and certifications.
· Creation of an annual craft and import brand promotional business plan and budget.
· Responsible for how promotional activities are executed in both on and off premise accounts by understanding and applying local dynamics in execution of the activities.
· Continuously focuses on enhancing knowledge of craft beer styles, history, origins, ingredients, brewing process, and food parings. Educates consumers and servers in bars and restaurants with this knowledge.
· Organizes, hosts, and presents beer dinners and other tasting events at on premise key accounts.
· Develops and maintains strong and trusting relationships with accounts by making regularly scheduled sales calls.
· Works closely and maintains relationships with suppliers, plans visits with the suppliers, and takes direction on their brand promotions and incentives.
· Works closely with retail sales consultants to execute craft and import programs in key accounts, educate them on brands and available POS, and maintain correct inventories on craft and import brands.
· Research of craft brands that are gaining in popularity and market share and procurement of some select brands into the Company portfolio based on local demographics and potential success in our market.
· Works with POS coordinator to ensure proper levels of all regular and themed POS are ordered and delivered to customer.
Must have a passion for and knowledge of Craft Beer!
· Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and at least two years of direct sales experience with a consumer products company, preferably in a grocery or restaurant and bar environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Must have a genuine interest in becoming knowledgeable in the history, type, origination, and brewing process of a variety of beers.
· Language Skills: Ability to read an interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; spreadsheet software and PowerPoint software.
· Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: must attain and maintain a NYS Solicitor’s permit. A valid driver’s license is required. Access to reliable transportation throughout work day required.
· Other Skills and Abilities: Must have excellent communication and people skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Must be able to work flexible hours and days.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, convenient stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants.