NY Field Hoperative - Greater NY, PA, Boston Areas
Melvin Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
- Sales Representative will be responsible for developing total territory revenue to the plan through distributor management to meet ABP. As a new brand in state we’re looking to meet our potential in this market.
- Work autonomously to establish, develop, and grow a strong base of on-premise and off-premise accounts.
- Increase the availability and visibility of products in new and existing on- and off-premise accounts through prescribed programs, POS, and signage.
- Participate in and create evening and weekend promotions and assist with special events.
- Complete daily account visit reports, monthly expense reports and other surveys and reports as required.
- Create and execute compelling, fun, memorable events that will be referred to by all who attended as “once in a lifetime” (even if they’re wrong about that, because we do this shit all the time)
- You will challenge everyone’s notion of what great, consistently excellent beer and beer drinking is, including your own.
- Know how much madness you can get away with, and live right at that line.
- Secure display space, shelf space and share of cold box. Improve Melvin status by building displays, resetting cold boxes, and increasing visibility though point-of-sale.
- Develop proposals for prospective customers and deliver persuasive sales presentations.
- Maintain positive business relationships and communication with account owners, managers, buyers.
- Identify and successfully expedite sell to new customers through your distributor.
- Provide excellent customer service through developing a regular call patterns to: book displays, place permanent point of sale, plan promotion activities, offer after sale follow-through, provide craft beer education, etc.
- Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through.
- Create and implement programs designed specifically for on-premise Accounts through Sales Director and Distributor within limits of budget to support ABP.
- Conduct distributor, waitstaff / bartender education seminars.
- Create reasons for everyone in the shop to rave about Melvin, all the time
- Identify accounts that can carry every one of our SKUs, make sure they do. For accounts not capable of that, help them build towards it.
- Every account you call on should understand that you’re there to improve their business and help them achieve their goals.
At Distributor level:
- Work with distributors to build share of mind and awareness of our portfolio and programming at distributor level.
- Leverage and marshal their time, duplicate your efforts through them.
- Work to manage inventory levels to support your success in market (keep the beer fresh and in stock)
- Create a team of Melvin sales people, like zombies they’ll infect each other until there’s only a small, rag tag band of hold outs who don’t drink and rave about our beer.
- Assist in distributor craft beer education, creating a team of consultatively selling beer experts.
- Partner with distributors to ensure fulfillment of accounts’ needs.
- Perform beer samplings, tastings, beer dinners, and event promotions.
- Convince them that we’re from the future, and represent everything to them.
- Remind them that having fun is a daily necessity for people
- Blow their minds, all the time
- Teach them about why craft beer is rad, craft drinkers are the best and how some corporations rob them of choice and experience. All that will feed into why it’s important to support companies who support people and the creation of rad lives for their staff.
Sales people should:
- Be an energetic, unrelenting, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-disciplined, competitive, assertive, confident, goal-oriented self starter with the desire to succeed.
- Be able to work independently and with the rest of the sales and marketing team to accomplish goals.
- Be able to manage a territory from a home-office base.
- Be very organized in order to manage multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Have excellent problem solving skills.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Be outgoing and friendly.
- Be able to travel daily, work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Be proficient with both email and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Commit to constantly improving knowledge of: beer, Melvin products and the general beverage industry.
- Understand that we sell nothing, we help people buy the stuff they need (in this case the best beer ever from the most fun brewery that’s ever existed)
- Be able to balance work and play (or possess no difference between the two)
- Know that when we say work and play are the same, it’s true, so long as your hitting or beating every single one of your goals.
Salespeople will have:
- A safe driving record.
- A valid driver's license.
- A registered, insured, and dependable vehicle.
- The ability to drive to and from accounts continuously.
- The ability to lift & move cases of beer frequently, climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange & display point of sale.
- A totally unquenchable desire to be best at what they’re doing, by their own definition (that they’ve shared and developed with the crew at Melvin)