Quality Lab Technician
SweetWater Brewing Co
Apply for Job
SweetWater Brewing Company is looking for a few folks to work in our lab. These nerds, I mean techs, are responsible for carrying out routine process control testing, analysis and reporting of a commercial brewery – basically all of the important stuff to make sure that we are sending out quality brews that keep you coming back for more! Got what it takes? Drop us a line and send over your resume!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Quality Control Laboratory Functions:
- Raw material analysis & specifications
- Microbiological assay program
- Analytical process control & monitoring
- Yeast propagation & management
- Packages and packaging materials
- Sensory evaluation program
- Analyze production data
- Assists with conducting quality audits throughout the production environment
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to participate in organoleptical assessment of beers.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- QA/QC experience in commercial brewery or food/beverage industry
- Minimum of 1 year experience in related field with Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
- Brewing education from a recognized institution.
- Microbiological assays
- Analytical instrumentation
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable addressing diverse groups
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable leading in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite)
- The ability to safely handle reagents and other potentially hazardous chemicals and train others in safe practice.
- Flavor panel experience with formalized training
- Statistical process control
- Brewing laboratory equipment
- Cleaning agents, sanitizing agents, microbiological media, organic solvents, and other hazardous laboratory chemicals, including some carcinogens.
- The employee frequently must work in a sterile environment.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80-90 dB).
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
SweetWater is an Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace.