Feather Falls Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Date: May 16, 2018
Job Title: Brewmaster
Reports To: General Manager/dotted line to Food & Beverage Director
FLSA Status: ExemptSummary
Effective management of the daily brewery operations and beer production processes. This includes but is not limited to: selecting materials, ordering supplies, inventory control, production planning, and the brewing, fermenting, maturation, filtering, and packaging and sales of beer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain visual aesthetics of the brewery and its equipment.
- Perform periodic maintenance to ensure the safe and effective running of the plant and machinery.
- Troubleshoot and resolve equipment-related process and product quality issues within the brewery and brewpub.
- Selection, ordering and inventory of raw materials used in the brewing process.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the brewery ensuring that staff are working efficiently and the production process is optimal.
- Liaise with brewing and restaurant staff. When needed, work with staff to develop appropriate food-beer pairings and educate them on beer-related topics.
- Socialize with clients and customers as well as other customer relations duties to help build the customer base.
- Participate in various on-site and off-site beer events.
- Liaison with the marketing team to improve the profile of the brewery and brand recognition.
- Create new recipes for seasonal and specialty beers for special occasions or special times of the year and educate staff on these new beers.
- Manage the beer sales and delivery processes and staff.
- Manage and develop brewing staff.
- Maintain accurate brewery inventory, quality and production records, and ensure the brewery is in compliance with all Californian environmental, safety and tax regulations.
- Perform lab tests and other QA/QC functions needed to ensure consistency in the high quality of all final products.
- A passion for craft brewing and making great beer
- Formal brewing education is preferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on commercial brewing experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to manage a beer production line
- Mechanical and/or engineering skills are a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to work a flexible schedule, including some weekends
- Computer literacy - knowledgeable in using various MS Office Software
- An ability to think quickly, identify issues and implement practical solutions
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email or fax to:
Director of Human Resources
Feather Falls Casino, Lodge & Brewing Company
Fax – 530-534-4043