Back East Brewery
Apply for this Job
Job Description for Cellarman/Packaging Tech
(Full-time, first shift, hourly position)
- All cellaring operations, including transfers, CIP, and carbonation.
- Perform daily tank gravity readings and other measurements.
- Oversee all packaging, including canning line and keg filling.
- Maintain cellaring area and adhere to our strict sanitary procedures.
- Monitor quality and consistency during cellaring and packaging.
- Contribute to the development of new and innovative brews.
- Professionally represent BEB while at events, festivals, promotions, and in our tap room.
- Desire to learn, grow, and take on increased responsibilities, including occasional brewing shifts.
- At least 1 year of cellaring and/or packaging experience in a commercial production brewery (REQUIRED)
- Must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and move 55 pound bags of grain and move full beer kegs on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate (or learn to operate) forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays may occasionally be necessary.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic team environment.
- Ability to think critically to help us improve our processes, procedures, safety, and quality control.
- A competitive hourly pay rate, commensurate with experience
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, and holiday)
- 100% Company paid health insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance
- Available dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance
- 100% Company paid 401(k), with matching contributions
- Annual bonus program and beer allotment
Back East is an award-winning Craft brewery located in Bloomfield, CT with distribution throughout CT and Western Mass in cans and on draft, and an active tap room. We work hard and love what we do. We are looking for a talented, easy-going, and hard-working individual with a respect and passion for craft beer that is interested in joining our small production team and helping us to grow. We believe in a fun and positive environment that rewards hard work.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Date posted: 5/16/18