Sales Representative - Houston
Independence Brewing Co,
Apply for this Job
Independence Brewing Co. is currently seeking a sales rep for the inner loop Houston area. Independence Brewing Co. is a fast-growing brewery so this role requires a self-motivated individual, with a zeal for craft beer who leaves no opportunity unexplored. If you have a thirst for sales and award-winning beer and want to join a hard- working, dynamic team of creators, we’d love to speak with you!
*Must Live in Houston to be Considered*
- 2-3 Years of Sales experience in the beer industry.
- Must live or have prior experience in the market area for which he/she is responsible.
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan effective sales call days.
- A passionate advocate for Independent Craft Beer.
- Maintain a valid TX driver’s license with a clean driving record. Driving history subject to checks at Company’s discretion.
- 80% In Market Sales.
- 20% Administrative/Office.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following functions are required but not meant to be all-inclusive.
- Be able to achieve specified account goals and sales volume.
- Develop strong relationships with account managers and decision makers within set assigned account base.
- Utilize sales tools to execute sophisticated, fact-based sales presentations.
- Develop efficient and profitable deliveries (when needed) for routes/routines.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work a flexible work schedule (weekends, nights, and holidays).
- Ensure quality standards through shelf life monitoring and draught line cleaning.
- GROW INDEPENDENCE fan base through on-site promotions, in store tastings, and special events.
- Work with our distributing partners to ensure solid communication on brands, account needs, and distribution gained.
- Insure all licensed accounts in your respective market area are serviced and given the opportunity to purchase Independence products.
- Develop and maintain a complete working knowledge of required administrative documents and team selling tools.
- Promptly report all POS opportunities to management and distributor for specific accounts with signage, price features, etc.
- Attend all required sales meetings.
- Secure Independence Brewing portfolio in non-buying accounts.
- Maintain an email/contact directory for all customers in your area of responsibility.
- Monitor and report competitive activity such as pricing, special promotions, etc.
- Efficiently assist/manage product orders to minimize product returns or order refusals.
- Continually strive to maintain product price features or focus nights. Execute regularly scheduled sampling events to grow brand awareness and grow retailer relations.
- Continually strive to expand Independence Brewing Draught tap, and package distribution.
- Achieves Company goals on distribution of products/packages by selling the entire portfolio into assigned accounts, and communicating NEW products/packages when necessary for roll out of new brands.
- Adhere to scheduled ride with or market work with distributing partners.
- Adhere to strict safe working practices, Company policies, and report any obvious hazards to management/ownership.