Apply for Job
Position: Cellar Operator
Location: Windsor, VT
Job Grade: Firkin
Reports To: Cellar Manager
Harpoon has over 300 employees who understand that making great beer fun can be more challenging - and more rewarding - than it seems. We do things a bit differently here; different from other companies in general and different from most of our fellow brewers. Different in this case does not mean more complex or harder to understand. Because we also believe in being simple and straightforward. We have a very short list of philosophies that underline how we run our business:
- Treat others as we would like to be treated ourselves.
- Work like an owner and think like a customer.
- Make great beer and revel in it or as we say to the rest of the world: Love Beer. Love Life.
- We love the beer we brew, and we love drinking it together. We're looking for people who share a commitment to excellence and a sense of humor to join our growing team.
The Cellar Operator is responsible for all aspects of cellar work, filtration and centrifuging of product as specified by Harpoon's Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ability to perform all cellar operations including the startup and shutdown of facility processes
- Cleaning and sanitizing of filtration equipment and lines (CIP, CUP, BB tanks, lines and yeast brinks)
- Performing routine readings and keeping accurate daily records
- Maintain accurate daily records
- Maintain all levels within product specifications
- Monitoring quality parameters
- Participate in taste panel work
- Daily operation of filtration equipment and procedures
- Attend weekly department meetings as scheduling allows
The Ideal Candidate:
- Communicates clearly and effectively any issues or concerns to the Senior Cellar Operator and Cellar Operator Manager.
- Is a critical thinker and problem solver, but is also proactive in keeping an eye out for any potential problems or maintenance issues
- Makes positive contributions to the work environment and is receptive to continual innovation and improvements
- Is focused towards quality control and safety
- Mechanical aptitude
- Can multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail
- Possesses good time management skills
- Willingness to take direction
- Capable of adhering to all company SOP
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery
- Flexibility to work varied shifts - This is a varied 24-hour/ 3-shift position, including Sunday
- Proper use of PPE
- Knowledge of industrial controls and instrumentation
- Fork lift certification a plus (not required)
- Knowledge of yeast cell counts and pitching
Physical Requirement/Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time
- Physical ability to lift 20+ lbs.
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
- Capable of following all safety procedures while around working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals etc.
To Apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/f7162bdc-d572-11e0-2121-bc8c6058a95e/apply?source=769068-CS-20459