Brewery Sales Representative
New English Brewing Co Inc
Apply for this Job
New English Brewing Co
San Diego / Orange County Sales Representative
Compensation: salary base pay with bonus & car allowance
With a reputation matched by awards for outstanding small-batch craft beers in San Diego, New English is seeking a high achiever to help extend the brand North. Known for Zumbar Chocolate Coffee Imperial Stout, Brewers Special Brown Ale and Pure & Simple IPA among an eclectic lineup of Core and Seasonal beers, New English is growing. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Achieve specified account / sales goals
- Visit min 10-20 accounts per day depending on route
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within the territory by communicating with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, including pricing, inventory, events, etc. and by being thoroughly acquainted with key decision makers or influencers in existing and target accounts.
- Distributor work with (ride along) on a weekly basis, promos/staff trainings, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Strong desire to be in the market late nights and some weekends.
- Conducting wait staff / bartender education, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Coordinate and attend beer festivals and charity events.
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of New English Brewing Company and distributor’s businesses.
- Build strong relationships with key people at distributor(s) such as the sales managers, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising staff, events coordinator, operations manager, analysts, draft manager and receptionist.
- Develop an understanding for how the following tasks are performed: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride alongs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all New English Brewing Company products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received and business is growing at accounts
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
Local resident in San Diego North County Coastal area
Must have a clean driving record. DMV / background records checks will be performed on all candidates
Must have own reliable transportation.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Desire to build a career in sales
1-2 years of craft beer related sales experience. Strong local relationships a big plus.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or related industry work experience
Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace.
Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
Great judgment and professional maturity
General knowledge of brewing process
Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels
Must be able to travel
Must be able to work flexible hours/days, including weekend events
Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail. Google Docs and Drive. VIP experience a big plus.
Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently.
Must be able to lift 50Lbs frequently and 165Lbs (full keg) if needed using appropriate tools and techniques.
Ability to grasp, climb, kneel, and bend to arrange and display point of sale frequently.
New English Brewing offers a competitive total compensation package including Health Plan. Pension benefits are earned after 90 days satisfactory performance in the role. Competitive base salary for this position will be commensurate with experience plus commission and expenses. All applications must include salary requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.