Coronado Brewing Co | Controller
Coronado Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Coronado Brewing Co: Controller
Location: San Diego, CA
Reports to: CEO
Coronado Brewing Company (CBC) has an immediate opening for an enthusiastic and experienced leader to join our team as Controller. Culture is important to us, and we like working with ambitious people who are who are ready to make a difference. Qualified candidates must be leaders and have the desire to grow into Executive Leadership. At Coronado Brewing Company, the Controller is considered a Senior Leader and responsible to manage and lead the Financial and Accounting areas of the company. These areas include all financial, accounting, operational reporting, internal controls, cost analysis, budgeting and forecasting, tax compliance and other compliance. The Controller is also responsible to maintain and improve a system of accounting records, have a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. The Controller will lead a growing department that consists of three people. CBC provides a fun, entrepreneurial environment with tremendous growth opportunities professionally, personally, and financially.
- Manage, direct, lead and develop direct reports within the Finance/Accounting department.
- Establish and monitor accounting staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Able to communicate with all levels of the company.
- Considered a part of senior leadership and able to contribute financial knowledge and partner with other department heads with financial advice.
- Build internal departmental systems to ensure accounts payable are paid in a timely manner. In turn, build systems to ensure accounts receivable are collected in a timely manner.
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Maintain the chart of accounts.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Maintain accurate cost accounting.
- Join the team to form the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the financial team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Lead accounting, tax, and legal compliance initiatives
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with F&A legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to owners and CEO
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, preferred.
- Experience working in Brewing, Manufacaturing or like industry.
- Experience with Orchestrated Beer or similar SAP program preferred.
- Minimum two years in management (ideally in Consumer Products or Manufacturing).
- Excellent leadership skills with the proven ability to lead and motivate team members and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven decision making and analytical skills in addition to strong financial acumen.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced environment, heavily integrated with other functional departments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement a long-term plan while multi-tasking, prioritizing and adapting to changing situations.
- Professional and proficient verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation: CBC offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits.
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume and cover letter and send to jobs@Coronadobrewing.com.
Who we are: Coronado Brewing Company is one of the premier craft breweries in San Diego, with presence in 22 states and international presence in 10 countries. The Company is the 2014 World Beer Cup Champion Mid-Size Brewery and Brewmaster.