Brewery Representative - Rhode Island
Apply for Job
As a Sales Representative, your main objective is to increase sales in your territory, create lasting and mutually beneficial partnerships with accounts and our Distributors, and maintaining the integrity and values of Mass Bay Brewing Company, Inc. (MBBC). This includes direct account responsibility for key on and off-premise accounts, securing new business in existing and new accounts, and working closely with the distributor network in a specific area to maintain/develop all accounts. Above all, get customers and retailers excited about our brand and our story!
These responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with account staff and distributor sales personnel.
- Call on existing key accounts to secure new distribution, making timely presentations and introducing new and "limited release" beer on and off premise.
- Execute on and off -premise promotions and periodic special events that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling. This includes staffing events such as but not limited to:
- On site sampling
- Events at on premise accounts
- Beer festivals
- Arrange monthly “work-withs” with sales reps of distributors to visit accounts together
- Work with distributor to monitor inventory levels, meet in person as needed, review sales data, ensure accounts are getting adequate service, pull samples as needed, and remove out-of-code product from shelves for pickup from distributor
- Working with and reporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager
- Ensure adequate shelf placement of products on shelves and in coolers for maximum visibility, and work with retailers on this (we always prefer to keep hoppy beers cold)
- Train accounts as well as distributors on MBBC products as needed. Ensure that there is a clear understanding of MBBC’s portfolio at any given time
- Utilize point-of-sale promotional items as necessary to improve sales, shelf talkers, shelf displays, etc.
- Complete necessary administrative reporting and communications on a timely basis daily and weekly
- Ensure all distributors submit monthly orders including requests for allocated beers to the National Accounts Manager by agreed upon monthly deadline
- Collaborate with the National Accounts Manager to establish and achieve market-specific goals
- Maintain presence as well as pursue new on & off-premise distribution in your assigned region.
- Monitor market and account-level sales trends through VIP
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, sales and management a plus
- 2+ years of experience in the beer, wine & spirits industry or 3+ years of outer market sales experience
- The ideal candidate will live in the Providence or Newport area.
- Be willing to learn about beer making, knowledge of Harpoon, UFO and Clown Shoes Beer (philosophy, mission, catalog of products), other craft beers and the craft beer community. Knowledge of company, state, federal regulations and franchise laws, US beer business and its practices as needed.
- Valid and clean driver's license
- Strong oral communication skills: ability to talk to others to convey information effectively; strong written communication skills.
- Understanding the retail and on-premise buyer mind set-experience buying or bartending a huge plus.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to be proactive and take initiative. In addition, must demonstrate an ability to work independently w/out direct supervision
- Excellent organization and coordination skills- ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Proficiency with personal computers / laptops and associated programs (Windows, Microsoft office suite of programs).
- Decision making skills -collect, assess and interpret relevant information and make sound judgment.
- Flexibility – The ability and willingness to navigate and adapt to a changing plan.
- Always be able to present yourself professionally as you will be seen as a representative of the company.
- Variable hours that include night and weekend work
- Some travel to the brewery’s, vendors, and related organizations
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds, and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment
- Working indoors and outdoors all year long
To Apply: https://harpoonbrewery.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/dbb0e235-ac58-c0e5-3d32-51210d90d4c1/apply?source=763292-CS-18845