Director of Brewing Operations
Figueroa Mountain Brewing
Apply for this Job
The Director of Brewery Operations Directs Production readiness and best practices while managing the demands of continuous growth. Responsibilities include budgeting, and planning as well as directing Production Managers as the implement daily operational activities. The Director of Brewery Operations is responsible for the overall leadership and guidance of the Production team. We are a family owned, award winning brewery with 6 tap rooms (4 with brewing facilities) throughout central California
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for the brewers and works in tandem with the Managers of QA and Production
This position will have an office from which to work but is expected that the incumbent will be spending time on the brew deck and in the warehouse as needed. These environments can be loud, hot or cold and wet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move cases of beer up to 25 pounds and 50 pound kegs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, however employees are expected to be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00am- 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be open and able to travel by all methods. This position requires occasional travel to breweries at our taproom locations. Occasional travel is outside the local area and overnight stays may be required.
- 5+ years managing in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of complex systems, automated processes and quality control
- Experience executing maintenance on manufacturing equipment strongly preferred (bottling line, canning line, forklift, scissor lift, manual and powered pallet jack, centrifuge pump, centrifuge, Mash mixer, lauter tun, kettle, whirlpool).
- Team management experience required
- Proficient Microsoft Office suites
- Brewing industry experience helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects within deadlines.
- Attention to detail, ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards, and confidence to speak up and act when safety and quality are compromised.
- Comfort with multitasking and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Effective and frequent communication with manager and support staff, regardless of department or shift.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to and advance protocol in a diverse work environment.