Stone Path Malt
Apply for this Job
Stone Path Malt is expanding its malting business and seeking a Maltster to operate its newly installed Kaspar Schulz malting system in our 30,000-sf facility. Located in the south coast region of Massachusetts, this opportunity offers the right candidate a leadership role with technical and operational responsibilities along with a wide range of training and customer collaboration opportunities. These opportunities include training with maltsters in Germany as well as collaborating with award winning brewers and industry craft beer titans across New England.
The right candidate will have a passion for everything barley, malt and craft beer as well as a combination of education, training and experience in barley malting, brewing, bio-agricultural and/or fermentation science. The right combination of technical skills, professional work style, self-motivation while working in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment qualifies you as a strong candidate.
Education, Training and Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of principles and biochemistry of malting
- Knowledge of malting barley characteristics, testing and evaluation
- Knowledge of malting process: grain preparation, steeping, germination, kilning
- Knowledge of performance parameters and measurement methods used in the malting process
- Knowledge of craft malt characteristics, testing and certificates of analysis
- Experience in process technology development and management of control parameters required to meet quality standards and optimize products
- Experience in operating computer-controlled process equipment
- Experience in recipe development and project management methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to lift and handle 55 lbs. bags of grain
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications, skills and experience.
How to Apply:
If you’re ready to join Stone Path Malt, email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.