Lord Hobo Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
About Lord Hobo Brewing Company
Lord Hobo Brewing Company (LHBCo), managed by long-time industry veterans, is the fastest growing regional brewery in the country. Our portfolio of beers, including Boomsauce, Glorious, and Hobo Life are consumer favorites and designed to win the favor of on and off-premise retail accounts.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, we look forward to meeting you!
About the Production Brewer role
Given our upcoming growth, we need passionate and skilled teammates like you to keep the beer flowing. We are hiring a Full-Time Production Brewer in our Woburn, MA brewery. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
• Raw ingredient handling, all aspects of a brew day, transferring wort/beer, yeast handling, packaging, monitoring fermentations, etc.
• Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
• Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
• Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
• CIP and Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and bright beer tanks)
• Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
• Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and by-the-letter adherence to SOP’s
• Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
• Ability to understand and pinch hit in cellar and packaging when needed
•Organize production logs, inventory reports, packaging logs, etc.
• Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, cellar, packaging, FOH, customers, suppliers, etc.)
• Assist with the development of our QA/QC program
•Maintain brewery equipment as well as general facility
Production Brewer qualifications:
At a minimum, the Production Brewer must have the following:
- 1-2 years of experience in a production brewery or brewpub
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to read and follow written English instructions
- Ability to regularly lift/carry heavy supplies, like bags of grain and kegs of beer
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment such as gloves and goggles
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience including healthcare, opportunities for advancement and on the job training, and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
How to apply:
If you are ready to join the Lord Hobo team, email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lord Hobo Brewing Co. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.