Area Sales Manager
Solon Marketing, Inc.
Apply for Job
About Solon Marketing
Solon Marketing is a full-service sales, marketing, and business administration firm with 30+ years of experience in the alcoholic beverage industry. We represent Chimay Trappist beers on a national scale as well as several regional alcohol beverage companies.
We’re seeking a highly motivated and passionate Area Sales Manager to represent our brands within the Northeast territory focusing on Key Accounts in New York City, New Jersey, and Philadelphia territory. This is a full-time salaried position including some evenings and weekends. Flexibility is required.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Regularly visit key On and Off Premise accounts to increase sales, distribute POS, schedule promotional sampling events.
- Prospect new and lost accounts to drive purchases.
- Log account visits, sales and key influencer contacts in CRM application.
- Communicate items sold with wholesaler partners.
- Consistently follow up on existing business to ensure committed sales are delivered.
- Communicate brand profiles and stories with key customers and consumers.
- Organize events that drive sales and promote brands in an efficient and professional manner.
- Schedule and conduct trainings and tastings with key retail accounts.
- Sell in displays in retail accounts to promote the brands during key promotional periods.
- Plan month, week and days to accomplish key monthly initiatives.
- Must possess valid US driver’s license.
- Candidate must live within territory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-2 years’ sales experience.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Self-motivated with a passion and knowledge of the craft beer industry, previous beverage sales experience a plus.
- Looking for high energy confident individual with a competitive spirit.
- Ability to work independently to successfully achieve monthly sales goals with little supervision.
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Wholesalers, Key Account decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Computer savvy: Experience with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to do significant amounts of walking and driving between accounts.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 60 lb. to move beer and merchandise.
- Annual Salary based on experience.
- Monthly/Annual performance bonus.
- Medical, vision and dental insurance.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan.