Noble Ale Works
Apply for this Job
Noble Ale Works is expanding with the commissioning of a 30 bbl, 4 vessel production brewhouse and looking for a qualified full time Cellarperson to join our growing Team. We are located in the vibrant City of Anaheim (“BrewCity”) with surrounding attractions that include Disneyland, Honda Center, Angels Stadium, Anaheim Convention Center, and City National Grove. We are seeking an experienced individual to add to one of Anaheim’s original craft breweries and 2016 World Beer Cup Small Brewing Company of the Year.
Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of canning, kegging, handling of raw materials, transfers, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP, and general sanitation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Operate brewery equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
· Perform all tasks in an efficient, productive manner, and in accordance SOP’s
· Maintain inventory as needed.
· Monitor gravities, temperatures, DO, off flavors and carbonations daily.
· Perform FV and BBT CIP’s.
· Communicate regularly and efficiently with brew team members.
· Arrive to each shift on time.
· Assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brewing, and QC.
· Execute all cleaning, sanitation, and preparatory tasks for tanks to receive finished beer
· Ensure clarity of beer through filtration and finings
· Dry hop beers as required
· Perform secondary beer treatments as required, such as coffee infusions
· Fill, empty, maintain barrels for aging beer
· Monitor and control carbonation levels on all beers
· Rack beer into kegs and casks as directed
· Clean and maintain all cooperage on a regular basis
· Follow best practice and safety requirements
· Attend brewery staff meetings as required
· Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
· Track and record volumes of all brite beer
· Possess a well-rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles beer knowledge
· Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner
Additional responsibilities as assigned – Noble Ale Works is a dynamic company requiring each team member to occasionally perform tasks or shift work outside of their job description.
· Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
· Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
· Must possess problem solving skills in all situations, with the ability to find solutions on your own.
· Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
· Ability to recognize maintenance issues and report in a timely manner.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a brewery or brewpub.
· Strong sensory analysis skills and knowledge of beer styles.
· Comprehensive understanding of and experience operating, troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and other issues for standard production, cellaring, packaging and related equipment.
· Ability to safely operate a forklift
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. The Cellarperson is required to regularly lift bags of grain, boxes of hops, and maneuver full kegs for 8+ hours a day. Brewers will climb ladders, climb stairs, drag hoses and pumps, and work in close quarters behind tanks on a daily basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
· Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
· Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
· Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
· Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in hot and cold environments.
Compensation and Benefits:
Noble Ale Works offers competitive wages consistent with experience level and qualifications as well as paid time off, product allowance and opportunities for travel and education.
Please send a resume and cover letter with the subject heading "Application: CELLARPERSON - [YOUR NAME]" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to follow these instructions may result in the disqualification of your application.
Please do not contact us regarding your application status as we will reach out to potential candidates for interviews.