Noble Ale Works
Apply for this Job
Noble Ale Works is expanding with the commissioning of a 30 bbl, 4 vessel production brewhouse and looking for a qualified full time Brewer to join our growing Team. We are located in the vibrant City of Anaheim (“BrewCity”) with surrounding attractions that include Disneyland, Honda Center, Angels Stadium, Anaheim Convention Center, and City National Grove. We are seeking an experienced individual to add to one of Anaheim’s original craft breweries and 2016 World Beer Cup Small Brewing Company of the Year.
This position would be responsible for all aspects of brewing: production, fermentation, conditioning, packaging, and general maintenance of the brewery. The qualified Brewer will brew on our 30 bbl production brewhouse and our 15 bbl brewhouse.
Duties and Responsibilities: Brewers perform the following duties and responsibilities as per SOPs:
· Perform grain handling and milling
· Handle raw materials.
· Yeast handling and harvesting and propagation.
· Operate mash/lauter, boil kettle and whirlpool vessels.
· Maintain documentation as required by production, packaging and administrative teams.
· General brewhouse, cellar, and area cleaning.
· Assist in QA/QC program and conducting routine QC protocols.
· Monitor and manage fermentation, including taking and documenting daily readings.
· Perform vessel clean-in-place (CIP) procedures.
· Perform fining, tank transfers, and temperature adjustments.
· Perform dry hopping.
· Carbonate finished beer.
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the brewhouse, cellar, packaging and related equipment.
· On occasion, you will be asked to help with special releases, special events, and festivals.
Additional responsibilities as assigned – Noble Ale Works is a dynamic company requiring each team member to occasionally perform tasks or shift work outside of their job description.
· Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
· Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
· Must possess problem solving skills in all situations, with the ability to find solutions on your own. Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
· Ability to recognize maintenance issues and report in a timely manner.
· Working knowledge of raw materials, beer recipe design, and raw material performance throughout the brewing process.
· Ability to perform laboratory skills associated with milling and grain handling, cellar operations and wort production.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
· Minimum of 2 years of professional experience of wort production in a brewery or brewpub.
· Strong sensory analysis skills and knowledge of beer styles.
· Comprehensive understanding of and experience operating, troubleshooting and resolving mechanical and other issues for standard production, cellaring, packaging and related equipment.
· Ability to safely operate a forklift
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Brewers are required to regularly lift bags of grain, boxes of hops, and maneuver full kegs for 8+ hours a day. Brewers will climb ladders, climb stairs, drag hoses and pumps, and work in close quarters behind tanks on a daily basis. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
· Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
· Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
· Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
· Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
Noble Ale Works offers competitive wages consistent with experience level and qualifications as well as paid time off, product allowance and opportunities for travel and education.
Please send a resume and cover letter with the subject heading "Application: BREWER - [YOUR NAME]" to email@example.com. Failure to follow these instructions may result in the disqualification of your application.
Please do not contact us regarding your application status as we will reach out to potential candidates for interviews.