Funkwerks Packaging Supervisor
Apply for this Job
Funkwerks, a saison- and sour-focused craft brewery located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is currently looking to hire a Packaging Supervisor to join the outstanding Funkwerks production crew.
Funkwerks was founded by co-owners Brad Lincoln and Gordon Schuck and opened its doors in 2010. Specializing initially in saisons, Funkwerks has grown to 8,000 barrels and has expanded its niche to include sour ales and barrel-aged beers. In seven years, Funkwerks has been awarded five medals from the Great American Beer Festival (most recent being a 2017 Gold Medal for Saison), in addition to being named Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2012. Funkwerks has also won two World Beer Cup medals.
The Packaging Supervisor position is a full-time, hourly, multi-skilled production position responsible for an integral part in the making of craft beer. The qualified employee must possess, at a minimum, the following skills, knowledge, and experience. The functions of a Packaging Supervisor will be performed under little or no supervision in a timely manner and with a strong focus on quality. Bonus points for juggling skills.
Essential job functions:
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: supervising the full-time packaging crew as well as contract and temporary employees, overseeing packaging runs, creating the packaging schedule and ordering all necessary materials, and ensuring the accuracy of inventory
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values, and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times
- Operate forklifts and other equipment as trained and directed
- Have the ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-12 hour shifts
- Be comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintain adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment
- Be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery, which may require long shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Have a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment and be able to communicate all pertinent packaging and warehousing information to other teams.
- Follow environmental and safety regulations and act in compliance with laws, regulations, and accepted business ethics, which includes wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time when required
- Occasionally model/pose for Marketing photos
Skills and Knowledge:
- An understanding of brewing and cellaring processes as well as CIP, sanitation, and sterilization techniques
- The ability to accurately follow SOP’s and understand specific beer process terminologies
- A strong mechanical background to fully understand all packaging equipment and to quickly troubleshoot machines that need repair or adjustment
- A knack for problem solving to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, with the ability to gather and analyze information skillfully
- A strict focus on quality and attention to detail to ensure the finished product meets the highest standards
- The demonstration of accuracy and thoroughness, as well as thoughtfulness, and the ability to apply feedback towards improving job performance
Requirements for this position:
- Related brewery experience, or other relevant experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing and able to contribute to varying themed playlists, including 90s, boy bands, love ballads, one-hit wonders, etc.
No phone calls please.
Email only. Please email resume with detailed experience and references to:
Resumes will only be accepted through Monday, April 30, 2018.