Head Brewer Houston, TX
Local Group Brewing
Apply for this Job
We are looking for a Brewer who is passionate about beer and the brewing process, detail-oriented, and able to work independently. We will count on you to produce high-quality beer, ensure daily brewery operations, and assure quality control. It is also necessary to be the occasional brand spokesperson at related-events.
Who are we?
We are a brewery-in-planning that is seeking out a head brewer. We will have a 10 BBL direct fire system and we are located in Houston, TX.
- Conduct all brewing operations at the brewery, including: day-to-day process issues, recipe management, operating policies, procedures, release parameters, and safety policies. Plan, control and schedule resources and staff in order to meet objectives. Prepare weekly schedules for brewing, beer transfer and staffing.
- Ensure a quality finished product
- Ensure the cleanliness all related equipment
- Play major role in product development and recipes
- Responsible for proper documentation/ Quality Assurance
- Develop and manufacture in a cost-effective manor
- Provide detailed records daily
- Maintain brewing equipment
- Along with the manager, establish proper training with staff
- Inventory management, purchasing grains, hops, salts, yeast
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- brewing school preferred
- brewing experience required
- Advanced knowledge of the science of brewing
- Knowledge of raw materials and their effects on wort and beer
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- provide tours and assist in brewery-related events
- Safety policies, safe chemical handling, work operations and procedures
- Strong competent communication with related employees
- Physically capable to lift, climb and operate machinery
- Creativity and passion to help improve or contribute new ideas for recipes