Apply for this Job
Mystic Brewery is seeking a Lead Brewer to manage shifts for floor operations and the expansion of our wild ale program.
The Lead Brewer will be responsible for executing all daily cellar and packaging tasks as well as brewing both independently and alongside the Head Brewer. The Lead Brewer will be responsible for maintaining proper functioning, sanitation, and safe operation on the production floor.
At Mystic we are stubborn detail-oriented brewers. We brew with a strong resolve to capture our singular vision of the art and science of brewing. In doing so, we set a very high standard for ourselves, and expect the same of all our staff. A spirit of fortitude and passion has to continue through all aspects of representing our brewery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brew consistently excellent beer with accurate record keeping.
- CIP tanks, clean fittings and equipment, clean kegs, clean, do some more cleaning.
- Our beers are unfiltered, unpasteurized and naturally conditioned - strict attention to sanitation is a MUST.
- Represent the brewery at festivals and events.
- Maintain an immaculately clean facility and equipment.
- Troubleshoot with quickness and vigor.
- Experience: Must be have two years experience with brewing responsibilities.
- Education: Must have a Bachelor of Science. Certificate from well recognised school of brewing a plus. Experience in bottle refermentation a plus.
- Must have a strong ability to be organized, thorough, and have a passion for improving and mastering methods.
- Must be able to lift sacks of grain and move 15.5 gallon kegs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must have valid drivers licence.
- Must be reliable, communicate well and manage time well.
Often wet. Sometimes slippery. Loud at times. Cool in the winter, hot in the summer. Exposure to potentially dangerous chemicals which require proper safety equipment to handle. Some tasks highly repetitive.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience, ability and accomplishments.