The Brewmaster-Lead in Start-Up Brewing Company
Lucky Dog Distilling & Brewery
Apply for this Job
Lucky Dog Distilling & Brewery is looking for a seasoned brewer with hands-on experience who wants to “get lucky” to lead all aspects of this exciting start up enterprise and to help shape and lead the growth of the Lucky Dog brand. The ideal candidate will be passionate about, committed to and be relentless on product-quality; and is energized and enthused to be part of a ground up brand building.
If you’re interested in working in an area known it’s notable craft beer culture and in being a critical “dog” in establishing this brand, this exciting and innovative new start-up is for you. If you are up for the challenge and want to design your brewing system from the ground up (within a budget of course) and being part of all key decisions as we launch this new business let’s talk. This is just the start with a planned expansion into a larger brewery area and taproom in the next year.
- Collaborating with the owner to lead the creative process in designing and inspiring beer brands
- Oversight of the entire brewing process and scheduling process from milling to readying liquids for filling
- Recipe Development and Refinement
- Ensuring all safety protocols are observed in brewing and cellaring
- Managing purchasing of all raw ingredients, cost of goods sold and managing vendor relationships
- Building and developing a passionate brewhouse team
- CIP Management
- Great Team Management and Super Communication across all levels of a brewery operation (management, packaging, customer, suppliers, etc.)
- Manage and take ownership of responsibility of opening and closing facility
- Comply with all safe chemical handling procedures
- Attend festivals and events to promote Lucky Dog
- Creating product that screams exceptional in a state known for LOTS of craft beer
- Excited to be involved in the design of the brewery and taproom.
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Occasionally lift up to 60 lbs
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, hot and cold
- Lagering experience
- Canning experience
- Ample experience as brewmaster or assistant
- Experience on a 20 Bbl (or larger) system as well as a micro-system.
- Experience with R/O
- Passion for beer
- Dying to assist in the design stages of the brewery.
- Preferable 5-8 years brewing experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Writing and math skills
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team collaboration
- Bonus points
- Passion for all things beer
- Willing to roll the dice on a start- up business model.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience including healthcare, opportunities for advancement and a heck of a lot of fun and of course a generous beer benefit so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com