Sales Market Manager (NYC)
Platform Beer Co
Apply for this Job
The main objective of the Market Manager is to build a sustainable partnership with our distributor(s), develop relationships with new clients, and manage existing clients for the purpose to promote and sell Platform Beer Co. brands and products.
- Work in collaboration with Platform Beer Co. distribution partner to achieve pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives established with support by Platform management team.
- Help facilitate and secure pre-orders for all seasonal, sour and small batch products.
- Design, schedule, and execute sales campaigns and new brand releases by: educating distributor sales teams, pre-selling to target accounts, and scheduling events and tastings to coincide.
- Conduct monthly sales meetings and presentations, help develop programming and maintain a schedule of working with distributor sales reps. Provide POS and email marketing support.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning, attending, and executing nighttime bar promotions and special events; this includes gaining entry to key Festivals or large format events.
- Visit a minimum 50 to 60 accounts weekly in order to familiarize key decision makers with Platform Beer Co. story, brand portfolio, and to retain a consistent stream of business.
- Work with distributor and utilize VIP/EnCompass to develop quarterly target lists built around goals.
- Develop new accounts through cold calls and independent sales visits. Schedule days to ride with distributor reps when they visit accounts on list; at least 10-15 accounts on sales-driven days.
- Provide reporting on job activity/performance as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly report on sales activities, monthly activities and results report, and weekly expense account report.
- Responsible for overseeing distributor inventory – tracking depletions via VIP and EnCompass.
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with outside business sources.
- Remain knowledgeable on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Inform management of competitive activity that would affect company interests.
- Ensure all Distributor Promotional Pricing / FOB is accurate and ready in Encompass as needed.
- Assure Quality product at distributor and retailer, continually rotating and tracking date codes.
- Investigate customers’ complaints to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Benefits relevant to the position:
Vehicle- Provided by Platform for work purposes(if necessary)
Health Benefits Provided
Cell Phone- Monthly stipend of $50.00 month
Expense Card- gas expense and management approved spends.
Preferred 4year degree or a minimum of 2 years in a sales or marketing position within the industry.
In depth knowledge of craft beer industry and emerging trends.
Must be self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position requires time management and problem solving abilities.
Must have and maintain clean driving record.
Candidates must have flexible schedule, ability to work some nights and weekends.
Candidates must have a fun and engaging personality to become a member of the Platform Beer Co. Family!
A high growth company in the process of establishing a streamlined business model.
A fast-paced environment which involves many short notice tasks and schedule changes.
An independent work structure that evaluates based upon accomplishment of goals.
An image conscious organization that focuses on customer service at the highest level.