Laughing Dog Brewing
Apply for this Job
Laughing Dog is seeking an experienced brewer with a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a production brewery to join our team. The ideal candidate is someone who can adapt to any brewing environment and who can implement good plant hygiene. Above all, they should have a deep passion for producing consistently high-quality beer and be eager to learn, a great work ethic, a positive attitude and a desire to be part of our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brewing, 15-barrel brewhouse
- Performing cellar operations including monitoring gravities and fermentation temperatures
- Yeast handling/propagation
- CIP (brew house, fermenters, brite tanks)
- Sensory evaluation
- Basic lab duties including cell counting with a hemocytometer
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe brewing environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Two years of proven production brewing experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends as well as rotating first and second.
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment.
- Lab experience is a plus.
- Physical requirements: Must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, stand for the duration of a shift, lift 55 pounds, and maneuver 300 pounds repeatedly. Requires proper handling of hazardous materials and operation of complex machinery.
- Experience operating a forklift.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.