NYC Brewer / Cellarperson - Torch & Crown Brewing Co.
Torch & Crown Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Torch & Crown Brewing Company is looking for a brewer to help our growing team at both our production facility (30 bbl brewhouse and 12,000+ bbl capacity) in the
At Torch & Crown, we aim high and move quickly. We took over a pre-existing brewery and are already brewing close to our full capacity and expanding. We’re also building the only production brewery in Manhattan and pursuing entirely new sales channels. We need someone to help us manage production, cellaring, packaging, maybe even some deliveries – basically, to do it all.
As a brewer, you’ll report directly to our Head of Brewing Operations. Responsibilities span the spectrum of brewery tasks. This position will require some night shifts (typically two weeks nights/two weeks days split), and flexibility around our production schedule.
- Someone who can rise to any task. We’re small and growing rapidly, and we haven’t had a “normal” day yet. While we need you in the cellar and on the
brewdeckprimarily, we’ll call upon you to fix things, build things, deliver things, and improve things.
- Ambitious and competitive. Brewing in New York City is hard
work,and expanding at our rate doubly so. We need someone who’s excited by that challenge and will thrive under that pressure alongside us.
- A person who wants to have influence. We don’t do things “because that’s how they’ve always been done,” and have no patience for bureaucracy. We move quickly on new ideas and need them to come from everyone on our team.
- Interested in all aspects of brewing operations and hungry to learn. You value quality above all and are willing to devote the appropriate care and attention to every step of the process.
- Prior experience in a production brewery setting
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- The ability to think on your feet to creatively solve problems
- Organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, and a desire to represent our brand at events, festivals, and educational series.
- Knowledge of all parts of the brewing process, and of proper CIP and QA/QC protocols
- Lab experience/scientific background strongly preferred (but not required)
- TOP pay. (Not “competitive,” and not “above average.”) We believe our people are our single greatest asset, and we compensate accordingly through base salary and annual bonus (both cash and equity, based on performance).
- Upward mobility. We’re a small company now, but as we grow through our two locations and multiple business segments, we’ll need people to
ariseto management roles from within.
- An ideal learning environment. The amount of exposure to different styles and systems, as well as business processes, you’ll gain at Torch & Crown is truly unique. Whether you want to grow into a management role with us or build the skillset to one day move towards opening your own brewery, we will give you the tools to get there.
- A tightly knit team, and a culture built around everyone’s success. We work hard towards our common goals, and we’re consciously building a team who wants to have each other’s back.
- Complete transparency. We’ll communicate precisely our vision and how we’re executing it. We don’t expect you to blindly follow orders, and we’ll never ask anything of you without communicating the “why” behind it.
include:ability to earn ownership in our company; healthcare/dental/vision coverage; 401(k); open personal time off (PTO) policy, including vacation and sick days; maternity and paternity leave.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.