Wisconsin Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Wisconsin Brewing Company – Beer Evangelist
Wisconsin Brewing Company is a rapidly-growing craft brewery looking for talented, motivated – and thirsty – individuals to join our Madison-area sales team as a ‘Beer Evangelist.’
Our beer philosophy is simple: We’re building a portfolio of great, true-to-style beers, as well as innovative new products that almost anyone can enjoy. We believe in brewing beer for EVERYONE, because after all – beer is an adjunct to the enjoyment of life.
We’re a young company, and in a wildly competitive marketplace it’s crucial to have our own people telling our story. There are many elements to the job, but most importantly we need people who…
- …fundamentally believe in the vision and potential of the company, people who bleed WBC.
- …are trustworthy, self-directed and are able to work independently.
- …are excellent at relationship building. (500+ Facebook friends doesn’t count as “relationship building”.)
- …can follow through and execute like a baller, and inspire others to do the same.
- …possess a nearly irrational sense of confidence.
We’re a team of driven, relentlessly passionate people who are going to win. Sound familiar?
- 100% focus on gaining or expanding distribution of WBC brands in on and off premise accounts in your territory.
- Improve velocity in accounts by developing promotional programs, building displays, driving distribution, resetting coolers, displaying point of sale items, etc.
- Work with the local wholesaler sales force in growing brand distribution. Regularly educate and assist wholesaler reps in the market with WBC sales (ride-alongs and team sells).
- Track and communicate wholesaler progress against defined volume goals, and contribute to plan revisions to reach those volume goals.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships with retailers to grow their business and ours. Determine the right brand(s) for each account, develop and execute creative promotional programming, educate account staff about WBC and craft beer, etc.
- Communicate new brand initiatives to wholesalers and retailers and ensure they’re executed in the market.
- Represent WBC at retail events, beer festivals (often on weekends) and sample consumers in both on and off premise accounts (evenings and weekends).
- A genuine love of beer, and an excellent understanding of beer styles and the brewing process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and a clean driving record.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + goal-oriented bonuses
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Mileage and expense reimbursement
Want to throw your hat in the ring? Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.