Market Manager New York City / New Jersey
Balearic Beverage Distributors, Inc
Apply for this Job
Balearic Beverage Distributors is Hijos de Rivera's (the Spanish parent company that has been in business since 1906 with sales in over 40 countries and global revenues of approximately $375 million) importer for the US market. Its headquarters are located in Lorton, VA, and it became part of Hijos de Rivera in 2012.
Balearic Beverage has been importing the Estrella Galicia beer brand to the US for the past 20 years, and its portfolio of brands now includes Estrella Galicia and 1906 Special Reserve beers, Maeloc hard cider, Ponte da Boga wine & Cabreiroa water.
For more information about the company, please visit www.balearicbeverage.com
Balearic Beverage Distributors is looking for a New York City / New Jersey Market Manager.
The Market Manager will be responsible for managing, supervising and developing the comercial activity, as well as cordinating investments resources, personal and materiales, according to trade policy in order to increase the volume of business and achieve targets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong knowledge of company history and craft industry
- Expert on beer and cider culture
- Serve as brand champion and evangelizer in the referred marketplace
- Honesty, authenticity, professionalism should be values driving the way of doing business
•Sales Strategy and budget Planning:
- Translate the sales and overall brand strategy into tactical plans (financial and positioning)
- Development of the different budgets and manage their accomplishment in the following áreas: Sales volumes by Brand / SKU, Pricing + Discounting (establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs), Brands Spending (A&P), T&E (Travel and Entertainment)
- Become the preferred supplier to the distributor
- Meet and develop a strong working partnership with distributor sales management and representatives as well as key on and off-premise account owners, managers, and staff.
- Educate, motivate, program, and manage distributors. Plan and participate in regular distributor training activities including presenting at sales meetings, riding with distributor sales personnel, and distributing new sales material to sales staff.
- Develop and communicate distributor incentives.
- Monitor distributor inventory to maintain proper amounts based on sales trends, promotions, and seasonal changes. Also monitors quality/best by dates in on and off-premise accounts
- Meet and develop strong working partnership with key accounts.
- Set up and conduct in-store or in-bar/restaurant brand and sensory training plus associated events (consumer samplings, bar spends, promotions, tastings, etc).
- Ensure POS materials are allocated to the proper accounts while maximizing exposure.
•Market Knowledge: Pricing surveys, Displays and shelving, Accounts notes / tracking, Distributors network in the area, Competitors activity.
•Administration: Perform administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar … ): Invoice processing, Build and mantain detailed depletions file by Brand/account/month, Monthly T&E report, Monthly business report.
· Must have a Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
· Must have at least 4 years of sales support, sales rep, or supplier / distributor experience, preferably in the beer/cider business.
· Enthusiastic, passionate advocate for craft beer and cider.
· Entrepeneurial, with initiative:
· Relationship building. Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships in different environments.
· Working knowledge of Spanish language, culture, history, and customs.
· Mastery of Microsoft product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Flexibility in working hours and geographies
- Reliable vehicle and ability to travel, while valid state driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Residence in NYC / Northern NJ, US citizen