LA/Orange Co Area Brewery Sales Representative
Dust Bowl Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Brewery Sales Representative
Reports to Director of Sales & Marketing and Sales Manager
Los Angeles / Orange County
This is a sales and promotions position working for Dust Bowl Brewery Co. Sales Department. The goal of this position is to facilitate beer sales, support our Distributor partners, build relationships with retail customers both on and off premise and promote our Brand at various events throughout the year. This position will regularly require working more than 40 hours per week. You will spend most of your time on the road. This position does not have a regular set schedule and will include nights and weekends. You will be required to adapt your schedule to meet the needs of the position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish Agreed Upon Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency on Existing On-Premise Accounts to Build Strong Relationships and Increase the Rate of Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- Develop Agreed Upon On-Premise Non-Buy Target List and Schedule Meetings with Decision Maker to Sell in Dust Bowl Brands to Expand Distribution and Increase Sales of Dust Bowl Brands.
- Establish Agreed Upon Independent Off Premise Account List and Maintain a Regular Call Frequency to Build Strong Relationships, Sell-In New Brands and Packages and Increase Display Activity.
- Call on Local Chain Stores to Maximize Execution of Authorized Activity at Store Level including Promotions, Placements and Displays.
- Establish Strong Network with Wholesaler Sales Team (Team Leaders and Sales Representatives) through Daily Communications and Regular Work Withs.
- Regularly Schedule Promotions at Local Accounts and Participate in Fairs, Festivals and Marketing Events to Increase Dust Bowl Brand Awareness in the Market through Product Trials and Education.
- Participate in Team Activities as such as Brewery Events, Crew Drives and Other Activities as Requested from Time to Time
- Ensure Weekly / Monthly Admin Responsibilities are Completed and Submitted on Time.
- Take Personal Responsibility for Your Own Development and Learning
- Communicate with the wholesaler on a regular basis to ensure we are aligned and fully executing agreed upon action plans.
- Ensure Dust Bowl pricing is competitive by knowing your wholesaler PTRs and retailer PTCs in your market. Complete PTC surveys as requested and ensure we have the most recent version of our wholesalers pricing.
- Review the wholesalers inventory levels and check code dates on a regular basis by walking the warehouse. Communicate any issues.
- Participate in sales meetings as may be requested from time to time to launch new brands / packages and be the face of Dust Bowl.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a physically active role; however, some sedentary roles apply. This would require the consistent ability to reach, bend stoop and lift to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a regular, full time, salaried position. Day, evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily within assigned region during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
AA or bachelor’s degree and equivalent 4 years' work experience with a minimum one year outside sales experience with Beverage industry-related sales and/or beer distributor background required.
Preferred Education and Experience
Knowledge and familiarity with similar products.
Dust Bowl Brewing Co. offers compensation packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be 21 years of age.
Valid CA Driver License.
Current Motor Vehicle Report.
Must live in or near region.
Pass pre-employment physical and drug screening and online assessment.
Must be in assigned region minimum of 4 days per week.
Must schedule at least 1 on premise event per month in each assigned region.
Must schedule at least 1 off premise event per month in each assigned region.
If assigned to a Distributor, must complete two ride alongs per month with Sales Representative. This is required for each Distributor you support and is in addition to the 1 day per week you are required to be in assigned regions(s).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.