Tasting Room Manager
Shmaltz Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Seeking service industry experts! Come join and lead a talented and committed team of hard working individuals. Shmaltz Brewing, based in Clifton Park is seeking an enthusiastic craft beer lover to join us on our venture into the bustling Troy beer scene with our new tasting room, 518 Craft! If you have extensive experience in the service industry then this is the perfect opportunity.
518 Craft will be part tasting room, part bottle shop, and we will offer local and regional snacks such as Upstate farm to table and Lower East Side NYC provisions. Shmaltz Brewing Company obtained our Farm Brewery License which allows us to sell all New York beer, wine, cider, and spirits. 518 Craft will be the second location for Shmaltz Brewing.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for all 518 Craft sales and promotions, event functions, and bottle shop inventory. You will also be responsible for organizing our set up for the Troy Farmers Market, which sees tens of thousands of people per weekend as well as Troy Night Out and Rockin’ on the River. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge of service industry management, a passion for beer, wine, spirits, and cider, and knowledge of the awesome Troy beer scene. An ideal candidate also has a flexible sense of humor, and is highly organized and extremely reliable. You will be your own entrepreneur and the face of Shmaltz in Troy!
- Must be customer service oriented
- Must be able to supervise and manage a team
- Must have at least 5 years craft beer experience
- Minimum of 3 years managing a team
- Available on weekends and weeknights is a must
- Must be able to lift up to 155 LBS
- Manage and train a team of top notch employees
- Sell and promote Shmaltz beer to customers during tasting room hours
- Provide inventory reports to staff accountant
- Perform necessary cleaning, sanitizing, and maintenance of glassware, kegs and draft lines, and taproom
- Establish proper opening and closing procedures and paperwork
- Coordinate private parties and fundraisers with Marketing Coordinator
- Work closely with Clifton Park Tasting Room Manager to ensure programs and promotions are in sync
- Hire staff when necessary
- Salary based on experience
- Vacation/PTO offered
To be considered you must submit a cover letter in addition to your resume.