Social Media Coordinator
Dry Dock Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Dry Dock Brewing Company, located in Aurora, CO, is seeking a full time Social Media Coordinator. Dry Dock is a growing company which operates two separate breweries, a 7 BBL tasting room (South Dock) and a 40 BBL production facility (North Dock). Additionally, there is a second tasting room (Canoe Room) at North Dock. Dry Dock’s sister company is The Brew Hut, a homebrew supply shop, that is located adjacent to the South Dock tasting room. Dry Dock is a regional brewery and produced over 20,000 BBL in 2017.
Under the direction of the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and creating original content for social media channels and websites, acting as a reactive online customer service representative and supporting public relations efforts for both Dry Dock and our sister company, The Brew Hut. This position will work closely with ownership, the management team and The Brew Hut to meet objectives. The position has no direct reports.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement social media strategy and best practices set forth by the sales & marketing team across various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.)
- Write social media content that is consistent with brands, specifically website, newsletter, press releases, and any other marketing content; ensure all content is consistent with company marketing and branding guidelines.
- Track, measure and report results; use data to optimize and evolve our social marketing strategies.
- Organize and execute contests and giveaways via social media.
- Create and edit videos and produce photography as needed for websites and social media.
- Maintain event calendars and websites.
- Support public relations efforts including, but not limited to, draft and edit press releases, establish and maintain relationships with local media outlets, develop media kits, and provide media with tours and beer samples as needed.
- Grow the brands’ social media audience & engagement across all channels, and create a sense of community among top contributors – engage with audience/community and respond/react to comments appropriately.
- Monitor social media trends, tools, apps, and effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media techniques.
- Participate in the Events Committee meetings in order to promote events at retail locations on social media platforms.
- Monitor social media forums, chat rooms and community platforms (blogs, etc.).
- Data entry of events on websites, social channels, regional media calendars and other partner calendars.
- Become a brand ambassador and advocate of the companies in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues with our audience where appropriate.
- Deliver a positive and professional customer experience while representing the companies at promotional events such as beer festivals and on premise account events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred education, requirements and experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 2+ years of social media management for a brand, website and/or media company.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, advertising or related degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of social media for business use and technical familiarity with popular social media platforms and tools and their respective participants (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.).
- Editorial and/or a marketing/PR background helpful.
- Photography and video creation and editing skills preferred.
- Design experience preferred.
- Website design experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Proficient in WordPress, Constant Contact, and Google Doc.
- Solid knowledge of search engine optimization principles and best practices.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with title “Social Media Coordinator” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will close on April 2, 2018.