Commercial Team Lead
Maine Craft Distilling
Apply for this Job
Maine Craft Distilling is seeking to hire an effective commercial LEADER to participate at an executive level in implementing our vision of leveraging MCD’s position as Maine’s premier craft distiller into a national presence. As such, this individual will drive MCDs commercial portfolio to achieve growth, increase brand awareness, and implement sustainable processes in support of attaining our goals.
Sales: Along with the CEO, Manage and direct the Sales team to achieve sales objectives, including:
- Developing sales goals and metrics to manage progress towards those goals.
- Managing distributor relationships and negotiations.
- Analyzing and optimizing distributor arrangements and processes to maximize company scalability.
- Implementing and maintaining a sales forecasting system to provide to operations for production planning.
- Developing and implementing a sales compensation plan to maximize the productivity of the sales force.
Finance: Manage and direct the accounting team to maintain and deliver accurate accounting of the business and reporting for both management and board level oversight, including:
- Assembling and providing narrative for monthly management reports and quarterly board/shareholder reports.
- Driving the budgeting process and tracking.
- Interacting with accounting firm to make for timely and accurate annual tax and other filings.
- Manage cash resources to ensure continuing operational capability
Additional Responsibilities: In addition to the core responsibilities stated above, this position may include leadership in other areas of the company depending on resource loading and the skills of the specific individual:
Tasting Room Operations: Lead the Tasting Room Manager to maximize the impact of the Tasting Rooms on the overall business including both revenue goals and branding initiatives. Develop and work towards business milestones that support accelerating sales of all product lines in the tasting room including bottled spirits, on-premise consumption, food, and branded merchandise
HR / Office Operations: Develop and implement appropriate HR processes to support MCD growth. Lead the administrative staff to ensure business processes and standards are developed and implemented to support growth. Ensure ongoing compliance with all Federal and State(s) laws and regulations.
Whatever it takes: MCD is a growing company and this position will be critical to attaining the business’ objectives in the coming months and years.
The successful candidate for this position will be a seasoned commercial executive with experience in running multi-disciplinary teams, a history of attaining commercial objectives, and an attitude of hands-on, get-it-done management.
In addition, as with all MCD employees, this position requires a welcoming, enthusiastic, passionate member of the team and brand representative with customers, vendors, and the public!
Specific requirements include:
- A minimum of five years leading commercial teams in high-growth entrepreneurial environments
- Management experience leading and growing a sales team in both direct and distribution sales environments
- Sales experience in consumer products, with a focus on alcoholic beverages a plus.
- Strong command of strategic accounting and finance principles and processes
- Knowledge of office administration responsibilities, systems and procedures (develop purchase order system?)
- Proficiency in office productivity software (Excel, QuickBooks)
- Familiarity with email and social-media
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to anticipate the needs of the business and design and implement the changes needed
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Equity: This position includes equity participation
- Reports To: Luke Davidson/ CEO
- Reporting to this position:
- Sales teams
- Administration staff