Drake's Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
The centrifuge operator/cellarperson is responsible for all cold-side treatment of beer, from the time of knockout through clarification and on to packaging, including all aspects of quality and sanitation. Note: This is not a brewer position.
* Benefits: Yes
- Operate centrifuge on daily basis
- Cleaning (CIP) and sanitizing (SIP) of fermentation, bright beer tanks, and centrifuge
- Cleaning tank exteriors, parts, floors, walls, etc.
- Capping and crashing tanks
- Performing dry hops, yeast drops, and harvests
- Adding finings and other process aids to beer in tank
- Transferring both rough and brite beer from fermentor to bright tank
- Carbonating beer for packaging
- Taking all necessary lab samples
- Performing all tasks according to SOP
- Performing all necessary recordkeeping
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Adhering to all safety regulations at all times
- Minimum of 2 years of brewery experience required (production brewery preferred)
- Minimum of 1 year centrifuge and clarification experience
- 21 years of age, or more
- Strong focus on quality, safety, and efficiency
- Good communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Basic computer skills (word processing, email, Google Docs)
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both alone and as a team
- Ability to follow complex instructions to a high level of detail and precision
- Ability to frequently lift at least 55 lb., move at least 180 lb., and work standing for several hours
- Ability to work safely around chemicals, heights, loud noises, mechanical equipment, wet environments, and other potential hazards
- Flexibility to work a variety of possible shifts, and to participate in company events
- Positive, get-it-done attitude and a passion for clarification and beer
* Employee Benefits:
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
Eligible to participate in 401(k) – with employer match.
Drake’s Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Drake’s Brewing Company does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.