Garage Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Hourly, Full-Time Position, Mon-Fri 7:00am to 3:30pm
Garage Brewing Co is a rapidly-expanding, regional independent brewery established as a 10 BBL brewpub & pizzeria in 2013 in Temecula, CA. The 30 BBL production brewery was opened in the late summer of 2015 and is fully air-conditioned for our production team’s comfort.
We produce a large variety of award-winning brews on our 30 BBL brewhouse. We package in bottles, cans and kegs and self-distribute in numerous counties.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with packaging operations including problem solving and equipment maintenance.
- Works with Production Planner to coordinate the packaging schedules for the brewery.
- Posts and manages labor schedule for packing team and adjusts as needed to meet production schedule.
- Reviews efficiency and consistency of packing operations to determine what changes can be made to improve operations and then champions these process improvements throughout the organization.
- Leads, develops and holds packaging team accountable.
- Coordinates/supervises all packaging operations of finished beer in bottles, cans, and kegs.
- Ensures beer quality is maintained throughout the packaging process by working with QA/QC lab.
- Coordinates release of bright beer for packaging with cellar team.
- Checks CO2 level, flavor profiles, DO levels.
- Coordinates storage of finished beer in refrigerated space.
- Responsible for inventory of packaging materials including maintaining min/max on-hand quantities.
- Generates PO worksheet for quotation and/or reorders based on standard quoted price.
- Records all packaging variances.
- Develops and maintains SOP’s for safety, CIP, and packaging operations.
- Provides support to shipping and receiving.
- Arranges for periodic maintenance service on all equipment as required — ie. forklifts, air compressor, glycol chiller, etc.
- Maintains/files all service records.
- Assigns personnel to periodically lube all equipment.
- Keeps and maintains log of who performed service and date serviced.
- Maintains/assigns personnel to dust, sweep, and mop production, grain handling mill and silo area.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Able to lift 60lbs
- Able to move 165 +/- kegs by pushing or use of cart
- Able to climb ladders to 12 ft
- Able to work in an environment with high noise levels
- Able to duck under conveyers and equipment
- Able to wear required personal protective equipment
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals
- Able to drive fork lifts
- Able to stand for long periods of time on concrete floor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including ability to write accurate reports
- Computer literate
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Wage commensurate with experience
- Monthly $100 stipend
- Eligible for company health insurance plan
- Three personal/sick days per year
- One week paid vacation time after first year of employment
To apply, please send your resume and wage requirements to email@example.com.