Tap Room Associate
Odell Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
About Odell Brewing
Since 1989, we’ve empowered a culture of family and collaboration, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires us to create quality, handcrafted, and innovative brews. We’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers while making positive contributions to co-workers and our community through outreach and charitable giving programs. We are the 28th largest craft brewer in the United States, are independent, and family and employee owned.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
The Tap Room Associate is responsible for the on-site guest experience, serving guests and assisting coworkers, stocking beer and merchandise, and keeping the place looking great, all with a positive attitude in a very fast paced environment. This position will work to fulfill our Statement of Purpose - To exceed guest expectations of Odell Brewing and to create an emotional bond that reinforces the brand position and brand strategy.
- Open registers and verify proper opening cash drawer totals
- Make any necessary changes to the menu, Aloha, Untappd, and the tap line-up - communicate these changes with the team
- Beer presentation and Odell Brewing quality standards
- Overall flow and teamwork behind the bar
- Washing glassware
- Minimizing beer and merchandise loss
- Clearing and cleaning tables
- Ensure the entrance, rooftop patio, main level patio, and both floors are clean, organized, and ready to open for business at 11:00am
- Check temperature, lighting, music, cleanliness, bathroom marketing, and overall guest experience throughout the shift
- Assist with, report, and document, as appropriate, problematic guest situations
- Act as liaison for any outside contractors
- Be willing to assist with any back of the house needs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing and able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Requires occasional travel to our Tap Room in Fort Collins for orientation, training, and event coverage.
- Must have at least one year of relevant experience, preferably in a bar or tap room
- TiPS certification required or acquired within 3 months of hire
- Demonstrated passion and ability to ensure excellent guest experiences
- Passionate and knowledgeable about craft beer required
- Models and promotes Odell culture and values
- Demonstrated positive, motivated, hardworking, and collaborative attitude required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Cicerone Beer Server certification required or acquired within 3-6 months of hire
- Experience in marketing, specifically with Social Media, art, music etc. is a plus
- Draft system maintenance, line-cleaning, or troubleshooting experience is a plus
- Ability to work long hours on your feet
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs and move up to 160 lbs
- Ability to work in a hot, wet, and loud environment
- Ability to crouch, bend, lift, climb stairs, and reach.
- Ability to remain focused and level-headed under demanding situations
Benefits for eligible co-workers (24+ hours/week) include:
- Health/Dental/Long Term Disability/Vision/Life Insurance
- Up to 14 days of PTO increasing with years of service
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with brewery match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Weekly beer allotment
If you feel you have the required passion for craft beer and are the right person for Odell, please submit your application, resume, and cover letter with desired status (Full-time or Part-time) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘RiNo Tap Room Associate’ included in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.