Regional Sales Manager (Washington DC)
Apply for Job
About the Bruery:
The Bruery is an award-winning craft brewery established in northern Orange County. We specialize in Belgian-style, experimental, innovative beers, which we distribute in 29 states, 5 continents, and sell directly to customers through our two Tasting Rooms and three membership Societies. The Bruery is one of three Famille Rue brands which include The Bruery, est. 2008; sour & wild Bruery Terreux, est. 2015; and hop-focused Offshoot Beer Co., est. 2017.
This position is the face of our company and our front-line connection to our distributors, accounts & customers in the Washington DC metro area, Virginia and Maryland. Your primary goal is to sell our world-class beers by creating and fostering relationships with those distributors, accounts, and customers, and by educating those parties on The Bruery, Bruery Terreux & Offshoot Beer Co. brands (“The Bruery brands”) and our wide variety of beer offerings. Using interpersonal skills, you will build our brand through the execution of a sales and marketing plan for the territory, including strengthened relationships with distributors and existing accounts, identifying and closing new sales opportunities, and executing targeted events aimed at consumer sampling & awareness.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Assist in development of annual territory sales plan for achieving budgeted sales figures; lead quarterly review meetings with The Bruery distribution team and distributors.
- Regularly visit key accounts throughout assigned territory to build and maintain relationships with buyers/decision-makers. Educate account staff regarding our brands and products and find opportunities to sell-in new products.
- Perform research to stay in-the-loop regarding account openings & staffing changes; actively seek out & target new prospective accounts.
- Utilize VIP and/or distributor route accounting software to identify opportunities, analyze sales and gain business & sales insights.
- Manage account database for assigned territory, including pipeline of prospective accounts, and assist with updating contact lists for account & distributor communications.
- Build and maintain relationships with sales reps and managers for distributor partners in assigned territory in order to maximize communication and increase focus on our portfolio.
- Educate distributor reps and managers about our brands and products through regular in-person, phone and email communications, as well as scheduling and presenting at sales meetings when possible.
- Schedule and perform regular ride-alongs with distributor sales staff.
- Maintain weekly written communications with The Bruery distribution team and distributors regarding your activities.
- Supply distributors and accounts with marketing materials, and assist marketing team to develop more focused materials as needed.
- Gather market information and feedback from distributors, accounts and customers in assigned territory; communicate back to The Bruery distribution & marketing teams.
- Plan, arrange events at accounts and work with distributors and The Bruery distribution, marketing & warehouse teams to effectively promote and successfully prepare for and run those events.
- In coordination with distribution & marketing teams, develop unique educational plans, materials & presentations for distributors, accounts and customers.
- Identify unique events and opportunities for The Bruery brands to showcase its products, including but not limited to premier beer festivals and events focused on music, food & wine.
- Represent The Bruery brands in an enthusiastic and respectful manner with distributors, accounts, and customers.
- Perform merchandising at accounts during visits, as appropriate.
- Maintain self-education on The Bruery brands and the craft beer industry in general, including applicable laws & regulations.
- Promptly reply to all emails & phone calls and escalate issues appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Related work experience: 4 years relevant experience in craft beer, wine or spirits sales.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships.
- Knowledge of state & federal alcohol laws & regulations.
- Passion for & deep knowledge of craft beer. Certified Cicerone preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively & with excellent customer service skills, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated & able to work without direct oversight.
- Proficient in Mac OS, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, database programs, VIP and CRM software.
- Ability to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for the duration of a shift, lift 55+ pounds repeatedly, reach with hands and arms, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- This role requires flexible hours due to participation in promotional events. Nights and weekends will be required.
- Travel to and participation in trade shows and beer related events as required.
- Travel up to 50% of time.
- Drivers license with a clean motor vehicle record
- Must live within Washington DC, Virgina or Maryland
- Competitive compensation with base & bonus potential based on pre-defined sales goals
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- 401k with match
- LOTS OF FREE BEER!!
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.