Funkwerks hiring for a brewer
Apply for this Job
Funkwerks, a Saison and Sour focused craft brewery located in Fort Collins, Colorado, is currently looking to hire a brewer to join our team.
Funkwerks opened shop in 2009 in the beer mecca, Fort Collins, CO. Founded by Brad Lincoln and Gordon Schuck and specializing in Saisons, Funkwerks has grown to 5,000 barrels and expanded their niche to sour ales and barrel-aged beers. In seven years Funkwerks was awarded five medals from Great American Beer festival (most recent being a 2017 Gold Medal for our Saison), and two World Beer Cup medals, in addition to being named Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2012.
The Brewer position is a regular full-time, hourly, multi-skilled brewing position responsible for assisting in the production of craft beer. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience. The functions of a Brewer will be performed under little or no supervision in a timely manner and with an eye on quality. Bonus points for juggling skills.
Essential job functions:
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, general cleaning, beer tasting.
- Produces quality wort according to SOP’s including, but not limited to, target gravity, IBU, color and volume.
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment at all times.
- Operate forklifts and other operating equipment as trained and directed.
- Ability to frequently reach, twist, stoop, crouch, stand and walk for 8-10 hour shifts.
- Comfortable working with chemicals of varying composition and maintaining adherence to safety standards at all times during routine cleaning of brewing equipment.
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery which may require long shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Alternating shifts every 3 weeks with the two other brewers. Must be willing to work overnight.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a cross-functional, cross-departmental team environment. Communicates all pertinent batch related information at shift changeover.
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with laws, regulations, and accepted business ethics. Including wearing and using the proper PPE 100% of the time on the floor.
- Occasionally modeling/posing for Marketing photos.
- Understanding of brewing and cellaring processes along with an understanding of CIP, sanitation, and sterilization techniques.
- Ability to accurately follow SOP’s and understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
- Mechanical Understanding—the individual easily understands how things work, and can quickly troubleshoot mechanisms that need repair or adjustment.
- Problem Solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality Control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
Requirements for this position:
- Formal brewing education or related brewery experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be willing and able to contribute to varying themed playlists, including 90s, boy bands, love ballads, one hit wonders, etc.
No phone calls please.
Email only. Please email resume with experience details and references to:
email@example.com. Please follow up only via email.