Fort Point Beer Company - Director of Brewery Operations
Fort Point Beer Company
Apply for Job
Fort Point Beer Company is seeking a Director of Brewery Operations to grow our 40,000 BBL annual output capacity to 100,000 BBLs over the next 5 years. We're looking for a collaborator who can motivate a team. This senior level position is responsible for the overall leadership and guidance of the production activities of the brewery. Someone who possesses an energetic and engaging approach to leadership will have an opportunity to highlight their skills. The focus is on consistently maximizing the efficiency of production operations while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
- Hire, train, motivate and lead a diverse production team with varying degrees of industry experience focusing on workforce professional development.
- Coach and hold Production Managers accountable to company management standards.
- Ensure all brewing, cellar, and packaging operations are completed in a safe and efficient manner and meet OSHA standards.
- Communicate clear objectives to the production team.
- Work with Production Managers to develop and improve Standard Operating Procedures and efficient workflows.
- Identify and track what makes us successful.
- Audit current processes to maximize efficiency and make continual improvements to the cost, safety, and environmental management of operations.
- Work with Director of Brewing and Director of Quality to innovate and implement new production processes that promote a world-class level of quality.
- Assist Director of Brewing with the development of the production schedule.
- Responsible for purchasing, maintaining, and repairing appropriate production tools and equipment.
- Develop and implement GMP and HAACP plans.
- Act as Person in Charge (PIC) on the production floor in absence of Production Managers—this includes emergency response readiness.
- Troubleshoot problems brought up by Production Staff
- Execute all duties of Brewery Technician role as a coach
- 5+ years managing operations in a manufacturing facility
- Knowledge of complex systems, automated processes and quality control
- Experience executing maintenance on manufacturing equipment strongly preferred
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and a proven track record of building a culture of safety first.
- Ability to effectively motivate and lead a diverse workforce.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Apple (Pages, Numbers, Keynote)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Google Business Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Brewing industry experience helpful but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Possesses a safety-first approach to all tasks
- Works collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Clear and effective communicator
- Always striving for improvement
- Committed to producing the highest quality beer possible
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Weekday morning, weekend, and/or evening schedule may be required
- Operate canning line and auxiliary equipment
- Operate forklift, scissor lift and manual and powered pallet jack
- Centrifugal pump
- Density meter, pH meter, microscope, and general lab equipment
- Brewhouse - Mash mixer, lauter tun, kettle, whirlpool
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser Silver plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits
Cover letter required with application