Head Brewer / Brewmaster
Nueces Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Startup in South Texas, two blocks from the ocean, is looking for the backbone of our brewing team.
Nueces Brewing is months from opening a brand new production brewery and taproom! We're looking for our Head Brewmaster to build and lead the brew team. The Head Brewmaster will be responsible for final build out, starting the new brew house, formulating recipes, developing the breweries standard operation procedures and building the brewery's brew staff.
- Initial start up of the brewhouse
- Recipe development
- Develop the brewery's standard operating procedures and guidlines
- Brew scheduling
- Commission canning line
- Troubleshoots problems technical in nature in all facets of production brewing
- Training of staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy
- Responsible for hiring and development production brewery employees.
- Ensures accurate inventory and quality management of raw materials and chemicals
- Accurate daily production records per company and Federal Requirements
- Represent Nueces Brewing at marketing events
- Lagering experience.
- Canning experience.
- Experience on a 3 vessel 15 Bbl (or larger) system.
- Experience with R/O and water development
- Passion for brewing and building
- Willing to perform manual labor in initial set up of brewery
- Preferable 3-4 years brewing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Extensive knowledge of practices, methods, tools, and equipment used in production brewing.
Extensive knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions associated with work.
Ability to interpret technical bulletins and schematics on equipment related to work.
Ability to provide and follow oral and written instructions.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
Involves frequent walking, lifting, and carrying objects weighing 50lbs routinely, occasional lifting of 100-150lbs.
May require standing for long periods of time (4+ consecutive hours).
Frequent use of latches, hand tools, clamps, hoses, etc., requiring manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination.
Must be able to operate fork lift (training provided), and pallet jack. Regular contact with production employees and management, as well as periodic, but consistent, customer interaction.
- Welding experience
- Passion for the outdoors
- Likes the beach (and it’s accompanying climate)
Compensation contingent upon experience, personality and beard length.